Sleep Related Problems on My Neo X5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep Related Problems on My Neo X5

Using the Finless ROM 1.2b which, I understand, is built on the last - not latest - firmware.

One of the first things I did when setting up my Neo was to turn off sleep mode. Don't need it, don't want it, not worried about the less than huge power consumption (at this point anyway).

At first, this seemed to do what I expected. I'd switch on the TV, change to HDMI 1, and my Neo's screen was shown. But the last couple times I have done this (after leaving things alone overnight) the TV reports it is not getting a signal. The blue LED is illuminated. But there appears to be no signal on the HDMI cable from the Neo. Using the wireless keyboard (not BT) does nothing to wake the Neo up (not that it should be sleeping anyhow). I have to press/hold the power button to turn the unit off and then do it again to re-start the system.

Any idea as to what may be going on here? Thanks

Edit: just spotted a setting regarding not sleeping while being charged under developer options. Thought I had set this earlier but maybe did not or turned it off somehow. Perhaps this will help.
    Last edited by davidw; 07-25-2013, 22:46.

I've seen that happen a few times.

You're using the TV to switch HDMI inputs. Right?

I use my HTR. I *think* what might be happening is the TV and X5 are failing to sync back up when you turn on the TV. There's a lot of timing and handshaking going on. Unfortunately, I can't for the llife of me remember what resolved my problem. It may have been as simple as swapping out HDMI cables. OTOH - it may have beeen a bad X5 since I had to return the first one due to a faulty Ethernet port.

You've probably already tried switching to another HDMI port and back? That will force the TV to re-sync.

Or maybe try another port on the TV altogether?

Try putting the X5 in standby via the remote and waking it back up?

Comment

Thanks for the response. I am not sure if change to the developer option above is what did it (or if this will last) but it seems like things are better now. Only time will tell, I guess.

You are right that I am switching HDMI inputs via the TV's remote control. More info as I can more fully characterize the issue. Cheers!

Comment

Solved

Or so it seems by using the setting under Developer Options. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X