QX1 problem installing apps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QX1 problem installing apps.

I have had an Imito QX1 for a while. I got it from Geekbuying. And with the external WiFi antenna it looks to work good. But I have another problem.

When I go in to Google Play Store there is a lot of apps missing. They do not show up. When I enter play from my PC and search for the apps it shows up as. "This app is not compatable with this device" for this QX1 but for all other devices I have it's OK . I have no clue why.

One example is Boat Browser. Both the standard and mini app is missing. Only the buy licens is showing up. Speedtest.net is another.

I went on with the boat browser and contacted the developer. And he replied that everythin was enabled. So the did not know. Thay also sent me a .apk file that I installed without any problem. But the updates is not comming that way.
    I also tested amazon shop and had the same problem there.

So anyone who have any idea whats going on. Are there a workaround. ?

Hans

Sv: QX1 problem installing apps.

Originally posted by hfohrman View Post
    I have had an Imito QX1 for a while. I got it from Geekbuying. And with the external WiFi antenna it looks to work good. But I have another problem.

When I go in to Google Play Store there is a lot of apps missing. They do not show up. When I enter play from my PC and search for the apps it shows up as. "This app is not compatable with this device" for this QX1 but for all other devices I have it's OK . I have no clue why.

One example is Boat Browser. Both the standard and mini app is missing. Only the buy licens is showing up. Speedtest.net is another.

I went on with the boat browser and contacted the developer. And he replied that everythin was enabled. So the did not know. Thay also sent me a .apk file that I installed without any problem. But the updates is not comming that way.
    I also tested amazon shop and had the same problem there.

So anyone who have any idea whats going on. Are there a workaround. ?

Hans
    There is a workaround. Edit your build.prop to spoof another model. I think most people use i9100, or perhaps it was i9300. You need root to do this. There are examples in other threads.

Signature? Signature!

Comment

Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
      There is a workaround. Edit your build.prop to spoof another model. I think most people use i9100, or perhaps it was i9300. You need root to do this. There are examples in other threads.

Signature? Signature!
      That was a quick reply. Thanks.

So I have to enter the world of root. Never done that before so it will be a new experiance

Thanks again.

Hans

Comment

Working...
      X