Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

audio/browser skip

hi all,

ive been using the mighty finless bob's 1.4 ROM for a while - and love it. i was hoping it would cure a problem i was having with the stock rom - namely that whenever i listen to audio (tried a LOT of different players), and use any broswer (again - tried a LOT) of browsers, and i always get stuttering or skipping audio. PowerAmp helps a little by changing the priority etc, but no browser/audio app combination seems to help much or at all. Im with PowerAmp and Dolphin mini at the mo- this combination seems the lightest, but still a pain! Any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks all :-)

Originally posted by gsteruk View Post
    hi all,

ive been using the mighty finless bob's 1.4 ROM for a while - and love it. i was hoping it would cure a problem i was having with the stock rom - namely that whenever i listen to audio (tried a LOT of different players), and use any broswer (again - tried a LOT) of browsers, and i always get stuttering or skipping audio. PowerAmp helps a little by changing the priority etc, but no browser/audio app combination seems to help much or at all. Im with PowerAmp and Dolphin mini at the mo- this combination seems the lightest, but still a pain! Any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks all :-)
    Strange i tested it with my arnova 10g2 .
    With stock player and dolphin browser hd and i have now stuttering at all.
    My music plays smooth.
    if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

Originally posted by snakekiller View Post
      Strange i tested it with my arnova 10g2 .
      With stock player and dolphin browser hd and i have now stuttering at all.
      My music plays smooth.
      the stock music app certainly skips less, but as you browse for a few minutes and visit sites with a lot of pictures for example, it defo will start to skip. the problem is compared to music apps with decent eq's - the stock music app i think is pretty bad....

Comment

My guess is your just out of processing power!
        Also what format is the music in? MP3? Or something else? M4a or some hard to decompress codec? It maybe what compression format it is in is using more processing power. So you might play around with different music compression formats.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          My guess is your just out of processing power!Also what format is the music in? MP3? Or something else? M4a or some hard to decompress codec? It maybe what compression format it is in is using more processing power. So you might play around with different music compression formats.Bob
          Not really part of discussion, but how much ram you guys usually working with? Mine (10G2 Philly) is 234mb free most of the time with auto-kill on some junk... Just wondering if it could be improved.

Comment

Are you running my rooted ROM? Stock ROM only has a little memory for apps.

FYI thats not RAM... In the settings > storage everything listed here is NAND memory not RAM. The RAM is what it is and the 10G2 it's 1mb.

Bob

Comment

My guess is your just out of processing power!
              Also what format is the music in? MP3? Or something else? M4a or some hard to decompress codec? It maybe what compression format it is in is using more processing power. So you might play around with different music compression formats.

Bob
              i think your right bob, but for the life of me i cant find out why that would be the case, im stripped back to bare bones to see if it will make a diff- it just doesnt at all. all my audio is plain old mp3, most of it 128-192kbps - so nothing really intense. its strange that it happens in any ROM ive tried, and the only prob is when i combine music with internet browsing. i can play games with music runnin in poweramp - i might get a skip as youd expect under that load, but its still better than browsing. hd video runs fine without a hitch, so it really confuses me why audio and internet dont seem to be playing together. ive tried the audio skip tweaks in poweramp - no diff, tried a whole lot of different browsers and audio apps - and its always the same. seems to be as the page is loading in the browser, it seems to get to a bit that requires a bit more processing (it happens on flickr a fair bit), then the audio goes to hell. once the page is loaded- no more probs

very strange!

Comment

Well again my bet is browsers loading pages are just too processor intensive.

It could also be that audio and WiFi are possibly using the same system interrupt vector and thus cannot share it. This would be a implementation of the RK chipset if so. Nothing can fix that.

Bob

Comment

Are you running my rooted ROM? Stock ROM only has a little memory for apps.

FYI thats not RAM... In the settings > storage everything listed here is NAND memory not RAM. The RAM is what it is and the 10G2 it's 1mb.

Bob
                  Your 1.4 Rom. So I'm running Metal Gear Solid for Playstation on 1mb of ram?......plus play some Soundgarden or other music in the backround?....On 1mb of RAM?....without any skipping or lag.

Right now I have Opera mobile, PSX emulator w/ Metal Gear, N64 emulator w/Zelda Orcain Of Time, and Music w/Alice In Chains
                  Everything is smooth for me. Doesn't make sense that others have internet app plus music and it's skipping?

Weird......

Comment

Originally posted by arc555arc View Post
                    Your 1.4 Rom. So I'm running Metal Gear Solid for Playstation on 1mb of ram?......plus play some Soundgarden or other music in the backround?....On 1mb of RAM?....without any skipping or lag.

Right now I have Opera mobile, PSX emulator w/ Metal Gear, N64 emulator w/Zelda Orcain Of Time, and Music w/Alice In Chains
                    Everything is smooth for me. Doesn't make sense that others have internet app plus music and it's skipping?

Weird......
                    I dont understand too for me alsoo play smooth my music when i browse

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif

</form>

Comment

Well again my bet is browsers loading pages are just too processor intensive.

It could also be that audio and WiFi are possibly using the same system interrupt vector and thus cannot share it. This would be a implementation of the RK chipset if so. Nothing can fix that.

Bob
                      Thanks again bob. Well I downloaded boat browser mini which I hadn't tried....no more skipping! None at all. Boat at first seems to treat pages differently than other browsers, pages seem to load fully before being rendered, then displayed, rather than being loaded gradually. This seems to have made a massive difference. Its not too shabby a browser either!

Comment

Hmmm... well good you found it.

FYI some browsers have a setting to do similar. e.g. render the page while downloading or download everything then render the page. I think Opera has that but I cannot look right now as I am testing 1.5 ROM.

Bob

Comment

I think Opera has that but I cannot look right now as I am testing 1.5 ROM.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Sow 1.5 is finnished?.
                          When can we download it.
                          My refresh button is almost gone on my screen sow manny times i pushed it in this weekend

</form>

Comment

Working...
                          X