No announcement yet.

Unbrick S905x P212 Pin Short Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This rom includes all you need.. This works for the M8s Mini II , the s905x board with p212 base. This is the current software im running and the one I used to unbrick after flashing VIM software accidentally.

Comment

Originally posted by Devdigitel View Post
      This rom includes all you need.. This works for the M8s Mini II , the s905x board with p212 base. This is the current software im running and the one I used to unbrick after flashing VIM software accidentally.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...see-first-post
      I already tried this one, got stuck at the logo screen.
      Same on recovery mode, stuck on TWRP screen.

Also I couldn't flash it without unchecking "erase flash" to avoid the 7% error.
      I also try with the SD Card method but it was worst as the box never reboot and the installation just hangs.

Comment

Originally posted by jgoux View Post

I already tried this one, got stuck at the logo screen.
        Same on recovery mode, stuck on TWRP screen.

Also I couldn't flash it without unchecking "erase flash" to avoid the 7% error.
        I also try with the SD Card method but it was worst as the box never reboot and the installation just hangs.
        how long did you leave on the boot logo it takes almost 20min to boot the 1st time

also you can do the flash with the img tool. then go into twrp and do a factory reset then wait..

it really takes a super long time on 1st boot.

Comment

The alt option in twrp would be do the repair file system, and see if you can format the partition back to ext4

you would have to do each one 1 by 1, select 1 partition, and click repair partition, format to ext4, then go back and do the next, once done you HAVE to re-install the software using the img burning tool as its gone off the box now but may fix the issue where you couldn't wipe with the tool.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Ok, I'll retry tonight and wait for an hour.

I'll let you know.

EDIT : For TWRP I don't have access to it, as I said multiple times it hangs on the TWRP team logo screen.

Comment

Ok, I'll retry tonight and wait for an hour.

I'll let you know.

EDIT : For TWRP I don't have access to it, as I said multiple times it hangs on the TWRP team logo screen.
              "YOUR WORDS HERE"

EDIT II :
              I was able to flash the stock firmware v112 (I had to uncheck "erase flash" in USB Burning Tool, I don't know why but the erase flash process is always failing at 7%, with the option unchecked I'm able to go through the whole process).

So now I can access the recovery mode again, but I have the error "unable to mount /misc".

you had access to twrp before no? your not making seince here on what is not working/working.

Please re-start from begining tonight.

Flash the recomeneded rom, then let it boot for atleast 30, if not booted in 30 unplug and replug and wait again another 15 or so and see if it boots up..
              If not working, try to get into recovery again, see if it will open twrp, or try a sd card bootable recovery option now that the box has twrp some what installed etc, its a good chance a side mounted recovery can help finish the job.

Comment

does the box have access to fastboot? MISC is the ota folder, and will cause boot loops! if you can connect to pc, use fastboot, command would be fastboot erase misc,
                then reboot, that would resolve the issue with misc not mounting.

only reason i know this is the V20 LG device brick when a ota is in the misc directory and you reboot to twrp it causes a bootloop to twrp / unable to mount misc.

This is fixed with wiping the device's misc directory.

Comment

can someone point me to recovery image that can be flashed wit USB Tool. those that i have found are not accepted by USB Tool

Comment

Please provide some details, I'm in the same situation.
                    My box is opened, waiting for short pinning !

EDIT :

WOW WOW WOW !

I successfully make my box recognized by my PC via USB touching pins !

So I plugged the box to the computer using the male male USB cable + the power supply.

Then I touched these two pins (hold like a second)

Then I heard windows' sound that a new device is connected, it's detected withing USB Burning Tool, that's it!!!

EDIT II :
                    I was able to flash the stock firmware v112 (I had to uncheck "erase flash" in USB Burning Tool, I don't know why but the erase flash process is always failing at 7%, with the option unchecked I'm able to go through the whole process).

So now I can access the recovery mode again, but I have the error "unable to mount /misc".

If I boot the box normally I'm stuck on the "MEGABOX" logo screen.

Any idea of what to do next ?
                    I tried shorting the 2 pins in your picture, the power light blinks but USB tool and windows does not recognize anything.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCRX View Post

I tried shorting the 2 pins in your picture, the power light blinks but USB tool and windows does not recognize anything.

Any additional help would be greatly appreciated
                      Look at MY photo not his.isnt where i did it at... The area in my main 1st post. The cluster of little pins on the left side. Theres like 20 of them. Take a little screw driver and short 1 by 1 until you see usb burn tool recognize and start.

You have to click start with the box not connecting and then start trying to short the pin.

Comment

Hello
                        Thanks for the work and this method
                        My s905x box is bricked (blue light on, nothing happen no image on tv, I just got in this situation by trying a restart with the button).
                        My computer isn't recognizing the box. So I tried the pin method but I didn't understand well : I should try one by one the little hole in the are that you show in the main post ? Like with a needle to create the short ?
                        Thank you
                        Raphaƫl

Comment

I want to say that once my computer was able to see the box in usb burning tool but since then nothing I just got an "unknow device" on windows

Comment

sounds like you need to find drivers for you box still. The pins are in the cluster of little dieods. Its the set of like 40 little connections on the left. Not the actual holes no.

Comment

Originally posted by Devdigitel View Post

Look at MY photo not his.isnt where i did it at... The area in my main 1st post. The cluster of little pins on the left side. Theres like 20 of them. Take a little screw driver and short 1 by 1 until you see usb burn tool recognize and start.

You have to click start with the box not connecting and then start trying to short the pin.
                              You are right i got wrong pins first time, but now marked right on the photo, try to sort one of those inside circle:

Comment

my dear bro @Devdigitel please help me send my device picture I would like to thank you for specifying where to print.

Comment

Working...
                                X