Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minix Neo x5 MINI - any link to an official or compatible firmware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix Neo x5 MINI - any link to an official or compatible firmware?

Hi all.

I recently bought a Minix Neo x5 MINI, but it has started to play up - apps insta crashing, freezes etc. Before I declare the box faulty, I'd like to try a firmware re-flash.

Problem is, I can't seem to find any compatible firmwares for this box at all, least of all an official Minix stock firmware. Anyone have any idea where I can get hold of such a thing?

Also, I can't seem to find a guide on how to perform the re-flashing anywhere. If anyone has a link to a guide on how to re-flash the MINI then I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks!

here is the firmware you need.

password: geekbuying.com

next time,if you need any stock firmware, check it here:

we will update this page.
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post

Thanks, that's really helpful.

Is the update process for the x5 mini the same as described for the X5 (non mini)? Also, are the drivers at the top (RK3066 Tablet + TV Stick Flash Tool + 32bit/64bit Driver) correct for use with the x5 mini?

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

So has anyone tested if X5 roms are compatible with X5mini?

Comment

Originally posted by DiZet View Post
          So has anyone tested if X5 roms are compatible with X5mini?
          Unfortunately it doesent work. You have not really risk to try "as i know". I tried some times changing one or two things in the rom but mini didnt even boot...

Comment

Try this one for mini its rooted and runs fast as well allows to to use no frills cpu fix. I use on all Minix x5 and x5 mini.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
              http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...-003-20131108/

Try this one for mini its rooted and runs fast as well allows to to use no frills cpu fix. I use on all Minix x5 and x5 mini.
              Thank you for your answer scooter2014.
              Actually my mini turns on this kasty rom and its pretty Nice but for me its not enaugh. Let me explain. Theres some apps they didnt work with this rom some apps which specially turns on Samsung mobiles "as i know"... So if you have à solution for me to Make these apps working i will be gratefull. I also tried market helper but no more succes... For example on minix néo x5 these apps work with finless rom 1.2b

Comment

What doesn't run been running beyond xmbc all Google aps and I have no issues, I use remote app from Minix on android phone works great.
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Im not sure good understood you because i dont speak very well english. So you talked about xbmc that i didnt knew and i followed tuto to install xbmc changing libmedia.so... Unfortunately even doing this even beyond xbmc some apps dont work. There are tv apps, Maybe it s an important information.

Comment

Dont have to change just install beyond xmbc 3.3 works well with all add ons as well set no frills CPU to 1008 min and 1608 and set to preformace then apply on boot. No jumping screens working great.

Comment

Ok i reflash a rom to Make it clean, i installed beyond xmbc 3.3 and i tried my apps but they still didnt work😭 Im desperate...

Comment

Working...
                      X