Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alf ddr4 h96 pro plus WIFI FIX CHEAP MOD.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alf ddr4 h96 pro plus WIFI FIX CHEAP MOD.

Heres a cheap wifi fix for those suffering poor wifi with alf h96 pro with Bullet type wifi below.

Open case with two clips at hdmi side push in gently and pull center out slowly.
    remove 2 screws so board is able to be removed.
    with board part removed check to see where you can relocate farther away from wifi.
    remove the foam pad.
    tape into place with electrical tape leaving 1/8 th of the end of the wire after the bullet exposed.
    Tape firmly in place so it wont move.
    Because short lead think it making some interference from wifi chip.
    Once i moved mine wifi strong and no connection issues Bullet type standard good ones so was curious why it was so low.
    Mines working fine now.

Hope it helps anyone with same issue.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Can you post a pic of the new location you moved it to, please? Thanks!

Comment

Box together but youll see it one of two ways (see different set up one on rack with push in place one with foam stuck to bottom underside board. Once removed then you can select best location tape just keeps it from interfering with the chip. lots of possible locations because it now lower then both methods but all depends on how long your wifi cable lead is mine was about 2 inches max so had only few possible spots tape one small piece fit board back see how it looks is best way.... Then tape into place once best fit found.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I removed the foam pad and taped down the antenna and my wifi signal has improved significantly. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Thanks...Can't believe it works...but it does make it much better!

Comment

Hi all my first post.

I got H96 pro a few weeks ago and I'm currently experimenting with it. Although these boxes are great they have a few issues that relate to the poor casing and component location. I see from your post that the WiFi has been a problem. I've found that bringing the antenna completely outside the case gave me almost full internet speeds.

The extra USB ports are active although I'm not sure why they've chosen to hide them. Maybe there is a circuit board current restriction so they limit the number of ports/ This however wouldn't be a problem if you only using them for RF keyboard dongles and USB key drives. Hard drives could be a different mater as they consume much more current.

Heat dissipation is also a problem and the processor will probably end up the way the old xbox 360's went when the RRD (red ring of death) struck. This caused the xbox to fail though poor solder joints from long term overheating.
            In the processor world we ideally don't want to exceed much over 60C and H96 suffers badly from overheating when driven hard. Unfortunately there is no ventilation holes in the top of the casing and a very basic passive heatsink is mounted on the processor. I see that scooter 2014 has already replaced his heat sink
            I will also be addressing all these issues shortly and report back if people are interested.

Comment

5 dollar fan fixes that issue....

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                5 dollar fan fixes that issue....
                You also need to tell him how to connect the fan...
                How much place (in not retarded units) do you have between the heatsink and the case?

Comment

Simple fix is add 3 inch fan with small spacers and just plug into usb port. Also added ports for more device but its a user choice to open soder to board.

Comment

The fan option is good and I've used this on many other devices over the years. The problem is over time they become noisy or ingest dust which reduces the speed. Testing the box out of its case running 1080p for 1h show shows that the processor runs reasonably cool so I'm going to explore the most efficient passive option. What heatsinks are you all using out of interest?

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

I see you have been experimenting also. The large heatsink looks a good alternative to the noisier fan. What temperature improvement are you seeing with each type of cooling?

Comment

Originally posted by Modelman View Post
                          I see you have been experimenting also. The large heatsink looks a good alternative to the noisier fan. What temperature improvement are you seeing with each type of cooling?
                          Hi, this mod was done on a Z68 box..
                          Despite the big heatsink it was getting very hot while streaming (kodi, 720p) so i desided to put a fan on top...
                          Because the rk3368 doesn't have a working temp sensor i couldn't tell the real temperature of the soc...
                          Meanwhile this box is dead.

My Sunvell T95U Pro has max temp 73 degrees Celsius after one hour of cpu testing (standard clocks).
                          I changed the original heatsink (witch is a joke by the way) and put another heatsink on top so that the aluminum case and the heatsinks have contact... Its not a perfect solution but its good enough to spread the heat across the case when getting hot.

Comment

I go the same box my problem is that wi fi is always dropping, i already changed channels on router i tested all of them a sam thing allways, i got a strong signal but wi fi is always dropping help please...

Sent from my SM-N9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

When i say that i got the same box i ment same as @modelman's that h96 pro 2/16 basicaly is same as pro plus the diference is some models of the pro plus cames with less 2 usb ports i mean h96 pro got 4xUSB and h96 pro+ got 2xUSB ports i dont know why ive seen some h96 pro+ models with 4xUSB ports and 2xUSB are covered i think tha those models are really h96 pro inside of a h96 pro plus cover cuz they got the same q9377 board and chipset, please help with my wi fi issue some one , please its driving me mad i got a s**t v88 4k right beside of the h96 pro and the wifi works awesome why doesn't it work better on the h96 pro its a superior device, i paid a lot more for it why does it perform worst than all? Its driving me insane please help...

Sent from my SM-N9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X