Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X96 RAM change

I have x96 with 2Gb/16Gb of hardware
    In first stock rom come in the box its actualy 2gb/16gb (tested with cpuZ and AIDA64)
    But if try to flash another rom (custom/stock from Baidu)
    RAM change 1gb/16gb. Once case I try to flash custom rom and change to 1gb/8gb.

Can anyone tell me what happens with my X96 Box?
    Its my x96 comes with 1Gb RAM or 2GB for real with device hardware?

​​​​​​​
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Hello. you handled the problem. Because I have the same

Comment

I had the exact same problem. Check my post on this: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...830#post646830

Comment

Ie the memory is cheated x96. You have this rom which gives 2gb of ram.

Comment

Originally posted by Piotrpm View Post
          Ie the memory is cheated x96. You have this rom which gives 2gb of ram.
          It's false ram though.

Comment

Ive messed with many boxes now, Amlogic and Rockchip models.
            i have never had an issue flashing a 2gb ram box with a 1gb ram firmware, it still shows as 2gb ram or vice versa

The only time ive seen a box go from 2gb ram to 1gb ram after a new firmware install was because the device never had 2gb of ram to begin with, it was just a 1gb ram box with a hacked firmware sp appeared to have 2gb of ram.

from my experience, its kinda rare and youve been unlucky. this sort of con is usually done on storage rather than ram.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonian View Post
              Ive messed with many boxes now, Amlogic and Rockchip models.
              i have never had an issue flashing a 2gb ram box with a 1gb ram firmware, it still shows as 2gb ram or vice versa

The only time ive seen a box go from 2gb ram to 1gb ram after a new firmware install was because the device never had 2gb of ram to begin with, it was just a 1gb ram box with a hacked firmware sp appeared to have 2gb of ram.

from my experience, its kinda rare and youve been unlucky. this sort of con is usually done on storage rather than ram.
              I think I found the problem with my board.

Facts:
              1. It's the shitty green x96 board below;
              2. This TV Box board has FOUR K4W2G1646P-HC12 chips;
              3. According to the chip's datasheet, it's supposed to be a GDDR3 SDRAM with 2GB on 8 (EIGHT) banks.

My point:
              The problem is that this board has 4 (FOUR) banks, wich explains why the system reads only 1GB on MOST firmwares it's been flashed to, since the K4W2G1646P-HC12 chips needs 8 banks to mount 2GB.

At least this is what I concluded, after flashing countless firmwares, either from freaktab's forum (custom roms) or from the baidu server (supposedly official roms).

Evidence 1: Board has 4 chips;
              Evidence 2: Chip's datasheet says it needs 8 banks;
              Evidence 3: Using a "fill ram" app, regardless of the firmware used (either a 2GB or a 1GB reading firmware) the system crashes when it fills about 512MB of RAM, wich is REALLY, REALLY odd.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
              X