Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink GT1 bricked

Hello,

I recently purchased a Beelink GT1 (2GB RAM, 16GB FLASH) and successfully flashed the Superceleron ROM. For some reasons I wanted to test an Android TV ROM to have a better user experience from a remote controller.

Unfortunately I flashed the Superceleron Android TV DDR4, which is obviously not compatible with my Beelink GT1 (DDR3 based). Since the flashing the whole box doesn't respond at all. When I power up the GT1, the front LED switches on but the screen keeps being black.

What I tried (in chronological order) :
    - SD card flashing : doesn't work.
    - USB flashing (via the USB flashing tool) : the device doesn't show up in the devices list, with or without pressing on the back button. Windows doesn't even detect that a new device is plugged in.
    - I opened the chassis to directly access the programmation button on the motherboard. SD card flashing or USB flashing doesn't work too.
    - I followed the procedure to short the flash pins (http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...582#post637582). Nothing is showing up on the USB flashing tool and the screen is still black. The link is for a GT1 ultimate, maybe that's the reason.
    - I got the reference of the flash chip (Foresee NCEMBSF9-16G), but couldn't find the datasheet on the web.

I read that the Serial port could give more precise information. I don't have any headers left for now, but when I have new ones I would be able to solder them on the serial debug port on the motherboard to see what's going on.

In the meantime, could you give me some guidance on how to hard reset the flash chip on this particular motherboard (model G912). The flash package is a pure SMT one without any accessible pins around it, so it's going to be difficult.

I desesperately need help as I'm totally stuck.
    Regards

Bummer! I bricked my GT1 as well after flashing superceleron's ultimate ROM, but was able to revive it by shorting those two pins just like you did.

First a few attempts were not successful for some reason- nothing happened. But when I kept pressing those pins harder and longer with a paper clip, and may have switched to a different USB3 port on PC, I heard a screeching sound from the board and the device became detectable by PC and then the burning tool. It was flashable just fine.

I guess all you need to unbrick it is to make sure to use the USB port on the side next to the microSD card slot, and play around with those 2 pins. Hope it helps.

Comment

press and hold reset button and plug in power until android logo popup select factory reset..
      MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

jazzpink No luck for me, it still doesn't work (I tried to short the 2 pins for more than 15s). I hear the screeching sound, but the box is still not recognized by my PC. Are you using a standard USB male/male type A cable ?
        I'm effectively using the USB port on the side of the microSD slot and had the USB burning tool ready the whole time (.img loaded and "start" button pressed).

KAA Sadly, I pressed and hold the button, plugged in the power and kept the button pressed for more than 5minutes without any results.

Comment

I was using the usb 2.0 male-to-male cable. Have you tried a different usb port on the computer while shorting them?

Comment

Originally posted by cryo44 View Post
            jazzpink No luck for me, it still doesn't work (I tried to short the 2 pins for more than 15s). I hear the screeching sound, but the box is still not recognized by my PC. Are you using a standard USB male/male type A cable ?
            I'm effectively using the USB port on the side of the microSD slot and had the USB burning tool ready the whole time (.img loaded and "start" button pressed).

KAA Sadly, I pressed and hold the button, plugged in the power and kept the button pressed for more than 5minutes without any results.
            Need to do few time.. sometimes you may miss the button...
            MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

KAA Tried many times now. No more luck with this method. As I successfully updated with the DDR4 version of the firmware, I don't think the recovery mode will work anyway.

jazzpink Same here I tried with different ports (either 2.0 or 3.0) on two different computers.

It seems like definitively bricked. I'll try more invasive solutions later (serial debuging + serial flashing if available? as I see at least 3 serial connections on my motherboard).

I'm still interested if someone has the Foresee NCEMBSF9-16G datasheet.

Comment

Working...
              X