X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S905x mini m8s bricked

Hello
    Sorry for my english I'm french.
    I have a mini m8s I don't know if it's a s905 or s905x because I ordered a s905x on Ali but when I open the box it's write s905 on the chip. I post a photo then you can tell me.

So I was trying to make an update of my box. I put my prepared SD car on the box an tried to make a reset by cliking with à toothpick on the reset and put out and on the power câble. But since then my box is bricked. Led blue on no blinking. Nothing on screen. I tried to make an sd card with files like explained on XDA or on this forum but nothing happend. Try to flash trough USB burning tool with a mâle mâle USB but the first Time the program was recognized the box. Blocked at 2% when I try to flash. And since then my computer dont recognize the box anymore. Always saying unknow devices. Tried 2 computer it's the same.

i dont know what I Can do anymore ? if someone have an Idea ? i think m'y box is blocked in some state but I don't know wich.

Thank you verry much

If it's a little burn on some place it's normal don't look at that.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by raftom57 View Post
      Hello
      Thank you verry much
      Hello there.

Did you manage in the end? I will try yo help you if not.

Requirement: USB Male - Male Cable.

Get this: bootcardmaker - from chinagadgetsreviews (I can't post links apparently)

Also get the AMLogic Customization Tool - It's here on the forum, in the tools section I believe.

Get a firmware package for your device - Mini M8S II - Here: chinagadgetsreviews - rv112 version
      And also grab the USB Burning Tool from the same page.

Now you're prepared.

Unpack Your firmware with the Customization Tool (Just open the software, click "Load" just select one option like modify dtb or whatever).
      Now open the folder where you installed Amlogic Tools - C:\Program Files (x86)\Amlogic\CustomizationTool - or wherever you put it.
      Here you'll find a directory - tmp - go inside, then to directory - level1.

Copy the files: recovery.PARTITION and bootloader.PARTITION and meson1.dtb

Copy these files somewhere safe In this safe place, rename the recovery / bootloader.PARTITION files to - recovery.img and u-boot.bin respectively. Then rename the last file to dtb.img.

Open bootcardmaker. Select the u-boot.bin file and burn it to a small sdcard, following the onscreen instructions. After that put all the files you copied and renamed (including u-boot.bin) on the prepared sdcard.
      Now you can put that card in your tv-box.

But we're not done yet, so don't turn it on just yet. Now, open the USB Burning Tool, select the stock firmware you downloaded (or maybe some other ROM you wanna flash).

Now, with the sdcard in the box, and the USB cable ready - put one end in your PC and while doing the "toothpick" thing. plug it in you tv-box. It should be recognized by the Burn Tool on you PC now.
      If you try to flash right away you might get an error, this seems to be because it needs more power - so plug in the power adapter also.

Now flash and you should be fine

Comment

Thank you for your answer but not sucess I tried several method including yours but no way i'm getting this shitty box recognized by my computer (tried XP, win7, differents cables,...) ONE TIME I managed to get "worlcup win32 usb devices" but since then it's always : unknown devices with problem in my windows peripherique.
        Another question : how many files should I have on my sdcard after bootcardmaker + the 3 files I past on it ?
        Thank you very much for your help. Maybe this box is not for the garbage yet (even if I buy a xiaomi tv box, really good stuff !!)
        Rafa

Comment

Originally posted by raftom57 View Post
          Thank you for your answer but not sucess I tried several method including yours but no way i'm getting this shitty box recognized by my computer (tried XP, win7, differents cables,...) ONE TIME I managed to get "worlcup win32 usb devices" but since then it's always : unknown devices with problem in my windows peripherique.
          Another question : how many files should I have on my sdcard after bootcardmaker + the 3 files I past on it ?
          Thank you very much for your help. Maybe this box is not for the garbage yet (even if I buy a xiaomi tv box, really good stuff !!)
          Rafa
          Oh my, I should have checked those pictures better before. You actually have the plain "Mini M8S" not the "Mini M8S II". What firmware did you use to make the sdcard?

Yes you can put all 3 I suppose, but I actually checked the card I made before, and I only have recovery and dtb on it, so that should do it.
          If it still fails, I'm pretty sure you cab short the pins on eMMC. It can recover from anything as I understand it. But don't ask me how to do it I don't know which pins, but there is plenty of info about it if you look.

Comment

Working...
          X