Is my PMID700 Bricked?*****FIXED******

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my PMID700 Bricked?*****FIXED******

I can get the screen to come on so I cant be, can I?

I get stuck in the Internet Tablet start up screen. I hit reset and it powers off.If I power up while holding the volume key I can get into the recovery utilityv1.3.37

I can scroll thru the options below using the volume, but cant seem to select anything( how do I select?)
    Reboot system now
    Factory Reset
    SYSTEM recovery
    Update from SDCARD
    Update from uDisk
    Factory test.

Below all those are the lines
    Recovery system v1.3.37
    E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

Any ideas?
    Last edited by mrshoe; 03-26-2012, 04:12.

Try hooking up a usb mouse or keyboard to it.

Comment

I did not know you could go into recovery from vol down power up. I tried it. It automatically formatted something and rebooted. It must have done a factory reset. I also lost root! I regained root by typing this in adb.
      adb push su /system/xbin/su
      adb shell chmod 06755 /system
      adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su

I didn't think we had a recovery. Mine showed a sort of recovery by Fince(spelling?). It flashed only a second before rebooting.

I would reflash your tablet. I would assume you have a rooted rom. Maybe something you installed caused your issues. In the past I found that when you get alot of force closes or it won't boot, reflash is only answer.

Comment

Originally posted by ujdkslapa View Post
        Try hooking up a usb mouse or keyboard to it.
        Why would I do that? To navigate the menu?
        I can scroll thru the choices by use of the volume rocker.
        I don't know what button selects the highlighted command.

Also the reset button does not reboot the unit, but powers it off.
        The power button only turns it on after a reset powers it down.

When I plug anything into the USB I get no response, weather it is a mouse, keyboard or to a PC

Comment

Originally posted by jandrosh View Post
          I would reflash your tablet. I would assume you have a rooted rom. Maybe something you installed caused your issues. In the past I found that when you get alot of force closes or it won't boot, reflash is only answer.
          This particular unit has not yet been rooted. I was waiting for 1.5
          I would love to be able to flash the stock or any ROM at this point.
          I just dont know what I can do at this point.

I either get hung up when booting or When I go to recovery mode instead of a black screen I get this

Android systen recovery utility v1.3.37

Reboot system now
          Factory reset
          SYSTEM recover
          Update from SDCARD
          Update from uDisk
          Factory test
          __________________________________________________ _____

Recovery system v1.3.37
          E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

As I said before I can scroll thru those items in blue, but dont know how to select any of them.
          So my only options are volume up/down to scroll the items or reset to power off.

Comment

I don't believe this is a fully working recovery. It's purpose is to factory reset.
            With tablet off, hold down menu button and plug in USB to your windows PC. Keep menu pressed til your computer installs incorrectly the device. Then you can change to the driver to the one that comes with finless rom. This is how you would flash this. This is the flash mode.

The stock update can be flashed by SD card only if you are not 'bricked' or with a Windows Android batch flash tool with the update.img.

The rooted roms' get flashed with a windows rk29 update program via USB. So you can almost never brick without physically damaging it.

Comment

Fixed

MOD's feel free to delete this thread....

I was able to flash Bob's ROM 1.4

One of the problems is the USB port is touchy. I had to hold the cable in place while I connected to the PC and flashed the ROM.

Comment

Working...
              X