Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is anyone successfully using the internal player in XBMC with their CX919?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is anyone successfully using the internal player in XBMC with their CX919?

Just curious. XAF seems to work pretty well but it's a big buggy (crashes back to home screen sometimes, streams on icefilms won't auto resume when being played with mx player). to me the holy grail would be to use xbmc gotham with libstagefreight or a non XAF build of frodo.
    Last edited by red-i; 07-29-2013, 17:50.

Originally posted by red-i View Post
    Just curious. XAF seems to work pretty well but it's a big buggy (crashes back to home screen sometimes, streams on icefilms won't auto resume when being played with mx player). to me the holy grail would be to use xbmc gotham with libstagefreight or a non XAF build of frodo.
    red-i,

See my thread here, but a friend of mine is using XBMC 12.2 (Frodo) with stock firmware without issue.

smithmal

Comment

hmm that's interesting. i'm running 12.1 frodo XAF and when i initially linked in my SMB shares, mx player wouldn't play them... instead it used the internal player and it was totally unwatchable.

I guess I could give 12.2 frodo (non XAF) a try, I just assumed that anything pre-gotham would not use HW acceleration with the internal player.

apparently finless roms will work properly with gotham alpha builds but my wifi is so crappy on finless... I can only manage to get good wifi performance with the strazo rom paired with his mk908 kernel... but those don't seem to like the gotham builds.

Comment

hmm that's interesting. i'm running 12.1 frodo XAF and when i initially linked in my SMB shares, mx player wouldn't play them... instead it used the internal player and it was totally unwatchable.

I guess I could give 12.2 frodo (non XAF) a try, I just assumed that anything pre-gotham would not use HW acceleration with the internal player.

apparently finless roms will work properly with gotham alpha builds but my wifi is so crappy on finless... I can only manage to get good wifi performance with the strazo rom paired with his mk908 kernel... but those don't seem to like the gotham builds.
        red-i,

Having a bad WiFi signal is completely opposite of what I see (and others)with this stick. Either there's an issue with your router (security issue or crowded channel), some sort of local interference or you have a bad stick. You should probably figure this out in case you need a replacement unit. I have had great WiFi experience with this on both the stock and Finless builds.

smithmal

Comment

bear with me here, but i think the antennae is very one dimensional. meaning you really need to point the tip at the router. it's amazing how much faster mine is when i do that.

Comment

Holy crap you're right! Moving it is the difference between almost 20 mbit and 3!

Comment

I tried frodo 12.2. No go.

I think I will stick with nexus rom and 908 kernel and xbmc xaf for now. Buggy but it works.

Comment

I tried frodo 12.2. No go.

I think I will stick with nexus rom and 908 kernel and xbmc xaf for now. Buggy but it works.
                red-i,

Have you tried the combo of Nexus v1 with the Finless kernel? I tried this last night and had XBMC 12.2 working streaming 720P. Some streams showed a little stutter but others had no issue.

smithmal

Comment

Working...
                X