This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart t428 won't boot on 70" sharp aquos quatron

I recently purchased the T428. It came with the 4.2.2 stock ROM. When plugged into my 70" Sharp AQUOS Quatron, it would boot however most applications I tried to run would reboot the stick. I tried to upgrade it to the latest 4.2.2 stock following directions on the Tronsmart site, but it never recognized the update.img on the SDHC.

Instead, I installed Finless 1.5a ROM. When it boots connected to the Sharp, it gets stuck in a boot loop (I see the TV in 1080p mode). I moved it to another TV; an Apex 32" 720p. It boots with no problems and works as expected. If I use an external USB battery pack to boot the stick while connected to the Apex, then move it to the Sharp, the stick will work on the Sharp. While connected to the Apex, I have set the screen size to 1280x720/60Hz so that I can see if it will boot on the Sharp, however it still doesn't boot up properly on the Sharp (I do see the Sharp in 720p mode).

I've tried all of the HDMI ports. I know the ports are working because my PS3 works in all ports and I have a Roku that works in all ports. I've checked the Sharp's settings for the HDMI and there are no menu options for the HDMI ports. Any ideas?

Btw, this thing looks great on the Sharp in 1080p (and looks great on the Apex in 720p). It doesn't look good on the Sharp in 720p (due to the video scaling).

If I had to guess your either using the TV's USB port for power or using the crappy USB power supply that came with the unit would be why your having issues. I had the same issue trying to use my Panasonic 55VT50 TV's USB port but is only 1 amp off that port.

Using a good 2 amp power supply and you wont have an issue.

Comment

Solved!!

Originally posted by AccordXTC View Post
      If I had to guess your either using the TV's USB port for power or using the crappy USB power supply that came with the unit would be why your having issues. I had the same issue trying to use my Panasonic 55VT50 TV's USB port but is only 1 amp off that port.

Using a good 2 amp power supply and you wont have an issue.

Wow, it was the power all along. I should have thought about that. Thanks for the heads up!!

Comment

Working...
      X