Custom kernels fully functional for Imito QX1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom kernels fully functional for Imito QX1

I got the BT working in my custom kernels, you can find them in :http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-QX1-OC-kernel

I compiled 4, 1080p and 720p with OC and 1080p/720p without overclock, if someone want to test them you are welcome. Best for me (and I didnt feel it hotter than stock one) is 1080p OC kernel. Runs really well.

Now the custom rom is coming, not so good like Bob ones but at least I will try to make my best. Video skipping issue seems to be solved. Waiting for yourfeedback.
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Nice work
    Any chance of making kernel and rom as CWM flashable zip's?

Comment

Nice work

Nice work and thank you. I'm a big fan of the QX1 and I can't wait for a custom ROM. I will send a lot of people here from SomeCoolTech on youtube when it's done.

Thanks again,
      Rivers

Comment

Is this kernle solve the videl skip problem?
        Looking for developers
        http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Re: Custom kernels fully functional for Imito QX1

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
          Is this kernle solve the videl skip problem?
          Not definetly, is a workaround that really improves it a lot, the fix was made by phjanderson, and he shares with us the improvement, the video issue is not noticeable with this fix for me.

leolas
          My devices:
          Gearbest.com)
          Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by Exlo View Post
            Nice work
            Any chance of making kernel and rom as CWM flashable zip's?
            Yes of course, I was going to release a custom, but the great Bob have his back better and he will make for us the custom. I will make the zips so you can change kernel easy. The cwm recovery for QX1 is on this forum section.
            Once Bob release the custom, next step is ubuntu fully working in this device, I got it work time ago, but wifi don't work, the 8189es.ko module rejected to be ported to linux, and the sources I tried fail.

So soon we will have in this device:

Great android rom made by Finless. We all know how work Bob rom: tweaked, market fix, lots of improvements about stock rom.

Custom kernels full working: all of you can download and play with my github sources to compile and create new kernels if you want, (please if you got some improvement, share it with us, thanks)

Cwm recovery available. It is fully working, ported from fun_ cwm work thsnks to him, with full adb access, and with kernel embedded, so you can flask kernels from cwm in a safe way.

I am working in a fully functional ubuntu working in this device, to got it I need to make wifi work, I can find working sources for our wifi chip, and mali in ubuntu needs more work too. So some weeks needed to finish it.

Android script to swich from cwm recovery and ubuntu, so we can enjoy with both

leolas
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)

Comment

Wow, great

Then future updates can be downloaded with the QX1, and flashed with the QX1 without the hassle of connecting it to the PC

And even flash small rom updates without reinstalling the whole rom.

Comment

Super

This is great, Thanks!

Comment

Wow, great

Then future updates can be downloaded with the QX1, and flashed with the QX1 without the hassle of connecting it to the PC

And even flash small rom updates without reinstalling the whole rom.
                  Yes, if you want I can make the zips for the updates released by Bob or the new kernels that I compile. But first time I suggest you use pc to clean nand and use the parameter file that Bob gives us.

But actually there is a problem in the qx1 that I cant solve yet, this problem is there in all stock roms and in all my customs (yes I made them, but I didn't release them cause Bob makes better optimized customs roms, and he will release his rom soon) the reboot issue, if you reboot your stick, or rmmod wlan.ko, the wifi can't be activated until you power off the stick completely and power on it again.
                  Checking the dmesg in this situation a problem with voltages are announced, seems that after reboot or when wlan.ko is unloaded the mmc1 sdio stays in a incorrect state, and it is not cleaned properly, I am almost sure that it is a rom issue, or caused for the module 8189es.ko, but I can't find valid sources to compile this module.
                  This is not a mayor problem in my oppinion, but it is a disturbed that I want to fix, and the sources are needed to make work ubuntu.

leolas
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)

Comment

Yes, first install is always a clean one

Did not notice the wifi bug when rebooting, since i am using ethernet...

Comment

Yes, first install is always a clean one

Did not notice the wifi bug when rebooting, since i am using ethernet...
                      Ahh good, stock wifi with the external antenna has a very good signal strength and a very nice speed. But if you have a Ethernet port near your device allways is a better choice.

leolas
                      My devices:
                      Gearbest.com)

Comment

Is there any chance for the new QX1 firmware to include Strauzo's video stuttering solution which works great for Tronsmart T428?

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
                          Is there any chance for the new QX1 firmware to include Strauzo's video stuttering solution which works great for Tronsmart T428?
                          Until he share it, no way
                          have you test this one?
                          Do you notice any video issue with this kernel?
                          I can't notice any issue with this kernel.
                          I am waiting for your feedback. Noone test it yet?

leolas
                          My devices:
                          Gearbest.com)

Comment

Im using the 1080p 1, 8MHz, and video in xbmc (14.jul) is much better now
                            1080p videos that was unable to play before, now runs with little stuttering. Previous it stopped after ~10sek...
                            720p videos runs smoothley
                            1080p videos in MX player runs smooth with smb. Cant say I notice any stuttering like before.

Maybe i did not notice this earlyer, but music have short pause sometimes... (spotify, xbmc)

And one time the hdmi signal dissapeared. A reboot got it back to normal.

Overall VERY satisfied

Comment

Im using the 1080p 1, 8MHz, and video in xbmc (14.jul) is much better now
                              1080p videos that was unable to play before, now runs with little stuttering. Previous it stopped after ~10sek...
                              720p videos runs smoothley
                              1080p videos in MX player runs smooth with smb. Cant say I notice any stuttering like before.

Maybe i did not notice this earlyer, but music have short pause sometimes... (spotify, xbmc)

And one time the hdmi signal dissapeared. A reboot got it back to normal.

Overall VERY satisfied
                              Thanks a lot, I started to think that I was the only one that enjoy the new kernels after all the hours spent in them I am going to take a look at the sound issue, can you test if they pauses from local files? and with the stock kernel? I didn notice them but I have some streaming tweaks (Thanks a lot to Bob, I take those tweaks from his work) in my rom. About XBMC, I don't use it, need some free time to learn how setup it properly (Yes, I am a noob with XBMC )
                              My devices:
                              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                              X