No announcement yet.

Alfawise Z28 Pro Smart TV Box A7 2/16GB Dual WiFi Gig Lan BT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for reply. Soo. When i buy 4kTV kodi will play 1080/4k?
    now my tv are 1080p youtube videos play 4k but i dont know how to change in kodi from 720p to 1080p.
    what you mean autoframe rate?

Comment

Originally posted by sabuk97 View Post
      Thanks for reply. Soo. When i buy 4kTV kodi will play 1080/4k?
      now my tv are 1080p youtube videos play 4k but i dont know how to change in kodi from 720p to 1080p.
      what you mean autoframe rate?
      RK3328 devices use either 720p or 1080p frame buffer.
      If Kodi says 1280x720p then that is the frame buffer your firmware was built as, you need to find out if the manufacturer of your device also has a 1080p frame buffer firmware available then it will show as 1920x1080 in Kodi.
      It depends what the firmware was made as, if you need 1080p, you might need different firmware if the stock firmware was only 720p.

Eg. if you have a 720p tv then all 1080p/4K videos will be downscaled to 720p too even if the firmware uses 1080p frame buffer.

To play 4K videos, they will play in Kodi but will be downscaled to the frame buffer resolution the firmware supports.

But some devices support auto frame-rate eg. MVR9 RK3328 then when you play a 4K@24/30hz video, your 4K tv screen will switch to 4K@24/30hz to play the video instead of staying on 720p or 1080p resolution. You can press the Info button on your tv to check the actual resolution being used at that moment, some old tv's don't have an info button.
      So in your case, even with a 4K tv, 4K videos it will still play in 720p or 1080p resolution depending on what the firmware supports and no video will play in 3840x2160 resolution.
      You also need auto frame-rate to play HDR videos on a 4K HDR capable tv or it will play in SD quality with bad colors.

You can maybe check if SPMC 17.6a2 can use 1080p resolution but it won't work if your firmware only supports 720p.
      If your firmware only supports 720p and you set the resolution in Android to 1080p, it won't be real 1080p, it will be upscaled 1080p also.

Comment

Thanks for help. When i check tv info it tell tvbox is using 1080p@60fps. On tv box i go to settings>display>and i set it to 1080p, all works fine. (when i chose 720p tv change my box resolution). Soo if all is settingup 1080P why kodi isnt? There is one custom rom but have some problems, now i have newest firmware stock where is no problem with usb connect devices after restart and control remote problem. I dont want flash custom yet So... When i play 720p on kodi is semi good quality, when i chose 1080p is much better.

Some of people tell if in kodi options is 720p its only UI, and when i run 1080p it will be 1080p same with 4k when i run 4k movie it will be 4k. It is truth?

EDIT:
        FTMC from forum got 1080p. Nothing need to change, i install it and i hhave 1080p. But some of my addons dont work
        I click Covenant, chose move and nothing, no sources same as orginal kodi

Edit 29.12
        mo123 so i cant play real 4k on this box?
        Maybe using mxplayer and 4k video its true(no res scaling to 720/1080)?
        Last edited by sabuk97; 12-29-2017, 11:19.

Comment

• mo123
          mo123 commented
          Editing a comment
          If you play 4K even in Kodi, t will play at 1080p.
          HDR, deinterlacing will also not work since firmware is too old.

I just received my box.

- internet weak, both lan & WiFi
        - I had a power loss in the middle of a file copy between lan (WD) and USB disk, no recovery fsck complaints about /etc/fstab missing
        - remote not working
        - system unresponsive, probably heat ?

FW rk3328_box-userdebug 7.1.2 NH647K eng.qinzhendong 20171128.163211 testkeys

Comment

Originally posted by chang_jay View Post
          I just received my box.

- internet weak, both lan & WiFi
          - I had a power loss in the middle of a file copy between lan (WD) and USB disk, no recovery fsck complaints about /etc/fstab missing
          - remote not working
          - system unresponsive, probably heat ?

FW rk3328_box-userdebug 7.1.2 NH647K eng.qinzhendong 20171128.163211 testkeys
          Read all posts, there is 2topics about z28pro, one user fix weak wifi signal, heat. Also there is new firmware to got remote working( you can write to gearbest to got newest firmware)

Comment

Originally posted by sabuk97 View Post

Read all posts, there is 2topics about z28pro, one user fix weak wifi signal, heat. Also there is new firmware to got remote working( you can write to gearbest to got newest firmware)
            Thanks Sabuk, I'm reading.
            First response from Gearbest: They will update info on their website when available ??? (nothing there when I looked, same goes for another tvbox i bought with them)

Comment

Originally posted by chang_jay View Post

Thanks Sabuk, I'm reading.
              First response from Gearbest: They will update info on their website when available ??? (nothing there when I looked, same goes for another tvbox i bought with them)
              look here
              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...366#post673366
              second topic about z28 pro http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rockchip-based-tv-players/rk3328-devices/658376-rom-alfawise-z28-pro-2gb-16gb-scv2
              If You got newest firmware from gearbest please give us link
              Last edited by sabuk97; 12-31-2017, 13:25.

Comment

Hi guys, my name is Peter, I got that little box a few days ago. Over all it is a nicedevice, I just struggle with the sound output on the SPDIF port. If I connect an usb drive with a movie that runs a DTS sound, it seems that the Z28 pro is just delivering stereo... My av receiver is not switching automatically to DTS like it did with another, older box.
                Do you have any suggestions to fix that issues?
                Thanks in advance!

Comment

IS the netflix play 4K on Alfawise z28 pro? (2+!6)

Comment

I would also love to get a link for the newest firmware or some information to change again /system/etc/public.libraries.txt when the box doesn't start anymore.

Comment

Here is the design of my device
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Помогите с прошивкой на Z28 про 2/16 удешевлённая.
                        Last edited by Alex1098; 02-15-2018, 17:02.

Comment

Hello!

I recently bought an Alfawise Z28 Pro android tv box from China, via gearbest. It worked asa charm out of the box, at least for the basic stuff I planned using it for - streaming YouTube and internet television. The thing is, I unfortunately managed to brick my Z28 Pro. I wtire the exact steps it happened in points, and it would be great if anyone here on these forum could help me unbricking my tv box:

1. I received it, plugged in to power, to TV via hdmi, to net via 5Ghz wifi, everything fine. Downloaded Magio GO (internet TV from my local TV provider) and it wouldnt work. I found out because it doesnt work on rooted devices, and the Z28 Pro came already rooted. So as an amateur I was thinking how to bypass this. Found out Magisk could do the trick, but I couldnt install it properly.

2. So, after that I saidd, damn, I go and Unroot the device. Downloaded some app I dont remember which one, pressed Unroot and it was done. Magio GO worked fine, no other problem.

3. Then I was thinking, root would be good. And Magisk for Magio GO to work. But to root my device I would need to unlock the bootloader and flash there the root.. So I bought a 2 sided USB cable, A-A sides to connect to my PC. I tryied flashing TWRP for rk 3328 version 3.1.1 but I couldnt manage to do it.

4. SO I had an idea that I could flash a new Firmware using AndroidTool. I connected to the Z28 Pro to my PC, with DriverAssistant I got the driver working and then I flashed the Firmware from this link (https://mega.nz/#F!yV0SzLoC!XcA6NEv31LxdTiWSHahX3A) namely: LUSHEN_XJH_RK28_V10_A7_1_RTL8822BS_Z28Pro_20170727 115958

5. When this was done, my Z28 Pro is stuck on the opening black screen with Z28 Pro Smart TV BOX 4K, it stays there, no reaction with mouse, keyboard or the remote control and I couldnt even connect it to my PC, it doesnt recognize the device, doesnt even show up. I even tried FactoryTool directly from RockChip, but not even that can see the Z28 Pro when plugged in to any USB ports on my PC.

At this point I am desperate, because of my own mistake I bricked this device and it would be nice if I could repair it. If there is anyone who could provide som information or how-to, please comment or write me message, I can specify even more the details if needed. I would be glad.

THANK YOU

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                            New firmware can be found
                            MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Has fixed my BT speaker and streaming isssue

Thanks Gearbest
                            Is this work with alfawise z28 pro xjh-rk28-v11

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                              New firmware can be found
                              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Has fixed my BT speaker and streaming isssue

Thanks Gearbest
                              is this work with jh-rk28-v11

Comment

Working...
                              X