is wifi super finkicy on the cx919?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by planetmarklar View Post
    Different hardware, different kernels, one has more demand for dev support, the other doesn't. I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get support, but support for oem cx919 would be faster than cx919 ii or tronsmart cx919.

The idea that clones exist to trick the consumers (IMO), I'm sure its more about stealing business from the other company, still does not bode well for consumer. Anyways I think I'm done occupying this thread.
    I'm eating my words, reading the tron smart cx919 thread and someone confirmed that oem cx919 kernel/rom does work on tronsmart cx919. I would still be leery about buying clones though, just because the guy that tested that said it was still buggy, where I would say mine isn't all that buggy anymore. Maybe there are other tiny inconsistencies that make a difference. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
      If you had read my question I put an exactly in there. You just repeated that they are different in this answer.

What exactly is different, is it the WiFi chip, BT? Is it that the layout of the soc is not the same?

Do you know that it is actually different or are you just saying that because it happen to be a different brand? It is not unheard of that different brands use _exactly_ the same hardware.

Signature? Signature!
      And if you had read this whole thread you would know that the wifi on the tronsmart is very different from the cx919. Obviously it's not exactly the same, we just spent a page talking about the different wifi. Maybe there are other improvements that make the oem919 firmware buggy on the tronsmart 919. all things that developers will have to patch if you bought the tronsmart919 and are having issues.

Comment

Sv: is wifi super finkicy on the cx919?

And if you had read this whole thread you would know that the wifi on the tronsmart is very different from the cx919. Obviously it's not exactly the same, we just spent a page talking about the different wifi. Maybe there are other improvements that make the oem919 firmware buggy on the tronsmart 919. all things that developers will have to patch if you bought the tronsmart919 and are having issues.
        No need to get defensive.
        If you know the answer why are you avoiding my question? I haven't said that they're not exactly the same, I want to know the differences. Hardware differences that is. The only thing this thread has stated is that the antenna is mounted differently. I don't know if that needs different software or not, do you?

Signature? Signature!

Comment

well, the geekbuying states that it has the same AP6210 for wifi and BT4.0 combo. Also, according to spifey, the antenna on Tronsmart is a dipole based and the oem has a surface mounted one (both probably have the same AP6210 with different antennas).

Comment

I'm eating my words, reading the tron smart cx919 thread and someone confirmed that oem cx919 kernel/rom does work on tronsmart cx919. I would still be leery about buying clones though, just because the guy that tested that said it was still buggy, where I would say mine isn't all that buggy anymore. Maybe there are other tiny inconsistencies that make a difference. Who knows.
            Maybe this post wasn't posted. Here it is again in case you missed it. The rom/kernel he was using is probably finless pre-phjanderson video fix so there are the bugs he was probably talking about.

Sorry jugster, when I read things like, "if you read my question you'd know I put an exactly in there" and just automatically think you are being a smartass and don't take too well to that. Sorry if I'm the only one who hears a smartassy tone in there.

and thanks paravoz for letting us know that. I wish I knew that when I was buying mine, I probably would've bought the tronsmart.
            Last edited by planetmarklar; 08-02-2013, 20:15.

Comment

Re: is wifi super finkicy on the cx919?

I'm sorry you took it that way. It was not my intent.

Signature? Signature!

Comment

Originally posted by JugsteR View Post
                I'm sorry you took it that way. It was not my intent.

Signature? Signature!
                Well I'm sorry for being an ass about it haha. No harm no foul I do a lot of Internet gaming where you kind of have to be on edge with people. Sorry!!!

Comment

Working...
                X