Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a clone? struggling with firmware update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a clone? struggling with firmware update.

Hi,
    I was tasked with "fixing" a box for somebody, long story short the box needs 5.1 firmware. I have tried using firmware from http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...8s-tv-box.html and it failed.

Finding update package ...
    Opening update package ...
    Verifiyng update package ...
    E: failed to verify whole-file signature
    E: signature verification failed
    Installation aborted.

I have tried looking around but am struggling to find other firmware links, the build number is KOT49H 20151102.

After looking around the forums a bit I am now thinking this box is a clone? would this make updating the firmware impossible?

I might be missing something obvious as I have no experience with these boxes, the aim is to get KODI working as that will not update on current firmware.

Appreciate any help.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Hmm... First look...im thinking M8 clone
    So, its probably a amlogic s802 or s812

I would try making a bootable sdcard with libreelec 8 ( based on kodi 17 )
    LE 9.0 Stable is out and i can no longer build so many images as before due to lag of time,the amount of time the new build system needs to finish and the fact that i already ruined 2 hdd in the process. So, I will release LE9.x images for only for…

As you can see..one firmware that runs on both the s802 and s812

Cheers

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I was a little confused by all the options, I picked "LibreELEC-S802.M8.arm-8.0.RC4.zip" from feb 2017. Was this correct?
      Download GApps, Roms, Kernels, Themes, Firmware, and more. Free file hosting for all Android developers.

It has installed correctly however the WiFi does not work, is there another install for this?

I still cannot use KODI 17 with this though? it doesnt allow me to install same as before.

Thanks again.

Comment

Probably...unknown sources disabled

How to Enable Unknown Sources Kodi Guide

1. From the main menu of Kodi 17 Krypton, click on the Settings shortcut.
        2. Click on System Settings
        3. Click on Add-ons
        4. Highlight Turn on Unknown Sources and toggle it ON.
        5. You will see the following message. Click Yes.
          1. “Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on this device. By allowing, you agree that you are solely responsible for any loss of data, unwanted behaviour, or damage to your device. Proceed?
        6. Install Kodi add-ons as you normally would.
        About...your wifi issue...what does your wifi chip state/read ?

Comment

I have enabled unknown sources I get the error "there is a problem parsing the package"

I think it is the small REALTEK chip? Only brand I recognise as WiFI.

RTL8188ETC
          F8E8431
          6F39

don't know if that means anything?

Comment

Sadly i cannot find this wifi chip on libreelec
            1.i would suggest upgrading to S8x2 build based on kodi 17.3 (by enabling smb then uploading update tar and making a .nocompat.txt )
            if the WiFi still doesn't work...
            2.try a external wifi dongle ( if you own one ) it might just work

about the parse error...what are you trying to run/install? Is a kodi addon? Or repro ?

goodluck

Comment

Working...
            X