New Audio System and tweaks for Magendanz Android TV ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Audio System and tweaks for Magendanz Android TV ROM

First off a big thank you to Guest. His ROM is the first Android build I have been able to use. All the ones I have tried in the past had broken HEVC decoding and no option to disable 'Auto Language' in CEC. With his build CEC is working as intended and all my HEVC videos work fine.

His build is by far the best Android/Android TV ROM I have tried on a S905X SOC box.

Now for the negatives.

No matter what I do 'Google Now' uses imperial measurement. So when I ask Google 'whats the weather' the results come back in Fahrenheit. You can get around this by saying 'whats the weather in Celsius' but it would be nice if I didn't have to.

Not an issue with the build but an issue with Android TV. The store sucks. For an example I would look up 'grand theft auto 3' and it will show no results, but if I go to the Play Store on a PC I can find the game and install it to the device from there. Many apps and games do not show up in the Android TV version on the Play Store.

OK now that is all out of the way, here are the tweak.

Download these zips and place them onto a SD card or USB drive. They will need to be installed in order. Install them via TWRP. If like me the ATV ROM broke the reset button, use a reboot app like 'Reboot Android TV' to reboot into recovery.

Downloads: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...1BfV0FteVhpaVU

What these zips do is enable init.d and busybox.

I also added my little tweaks to it and added a custom sound engine that will greatly improve the sound quality. To fully enable the new sound engine you will need to open the ViPER4Android app and enable it. On my TV I am using 'these values', but depending on your setup and how good the speakers are you may have to use different values.

Other Changes Made:
    • Forced all rendering to be done on the GPU. Should help with gaming and make things more smoother.
    • Kick Ass Kernelizer
    • Auto-zipalign and defragdb on boot
    • Plus many improvements taken from this thread.
    • KSM enabled by default
    • Changed the CPU governor from hotplug to interactive
    • Brightness bug fixed
    • Fixed Autorefresh
    • Spoof as BRAVIA 4K 2015 instead of the Nexus Player as it has been discontinued.
    • Enabled 4K video for the Youtube app.
    • Disabled USB audio out. My remote has a speaker as well as a mic. By default the sound would come out of the remote. USB mics will still work but USB speakers/headphones won't.

I also added some terminal commands.
    Run as SU if you have a Superuser app installed. Otherwise run as is.
    • fixfc - Fix apps force closing.
    • sclean - Clean the dalvik cache and cache partition
    • v6 - run the V6 SuperCharger script.

TIP:

To prevent the device from going to sleep. You can go to Settings > Developer options > Stay awake and enable it.

Note: If you don't see Developer options in Settings, it may be made available by going to to Settings > About > Build number. Developer options should appear after tapping the build number several times.

EDIT#

Done a bit of fine tuning. Changed a few values to get the best performance out of the S905X.

EDIT2#

Included these with the packages.
    Last edited by pinguy; 07-07-2017, 14:48.

Nice one. Will I have to do a clean install, or will this work as an update?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetnonso View Post
      Nice one. Will I have to do a clean install, or will this work as an update?
      As an update.

Comment

Packages updated. Done a bit of fine tuning.

Comment

Thanks for this tweaks. Really great update for this Android TV rom.

But do I need to do those terminal commands (fixfc, sclean, v6)?
          My goal is only to get autorefresh rate in SPMC for smooth video playback. I want to keep android tweaks to minimal. (I already did clean the dalvik cache and cache when installed the tweaks files.)

Comment

Originally posted by pawnthep View Post
            Thanks for this tweaks. Really great update for this Android TV rom.

But do I need to do those terminal commands (fixfc, sclean, v6)?
            My goal is only to get autorefresh rate in SPMC for smooth video playback. I want to keep android tweaks to minimal. (I already did clean the dalvik cache and cache when installed the tweaks files.)
            You don't need to do the terminal commands. They are there if you want to use them.

Comment

Made a few minor tweaks. Less apps are allowed to run in the background now.

Comment

I'm assuming this is only for 905X? ie. wont work on a GT1 S912 ...

Comment

every since i added your tweaks and used superv6 script my 5ghz wifi disconnects ev ery 20 to 30 mins but 2.4 is fine its only the box i tried your tweaks

Comment

Originally posted by zickler View Post
                    I'm assuming this is only for 905X? ie. wont work on a GT1 S912 ...
                    You could but you would have to remove the build.prob from 1st-bootanimation.zip first, otherwise it will break the ROM.

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post
                    every since i added your tweaks and used superv6 script my 5ghz wifi disconnects ev ery 20 to 30 mins but 2.4 is fine its only the box i tried your tweaks
                    Not sure why. If this was going to effect wifi it would effect both 5ghz and 2.4ghz. I will do some testing my end and see if I can find what the issue is.

Comment

I ended up unplugging it and waited 5 mind then everything was good ... maybe it's something to do with the super v6 script I did alter a lot of things

Comment

Working...
                      X