Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android TV Box (unsure of type but CS918 on motherboard) stuck on Robot image when booting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android TV Box (unsure of type but CS918 on motherboard) stuck on Robot image when booting

Hi All,

Newbie question and wondered if anyone could help please. I've Googled this to death and am completely confused - I bought an Android TV box off **** about 4 years ago but cannot remember the manufacturer or model. It looks exactly like the MK888 version (according to Google images) and has stopped working, when switching on it seems to hang at the image of the robot and periodically reboots to the same (boot loop).

I wanted to return it to factory settings and start again with it but when I remove all the cables, hold down the recovery button underneath the unit then plug in the power cable and switch on the unit it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I opened the case and can see "CS918 v2_6 20140929" on the motherboard, and for what it's worth it looks like a Rockchip RK1000-2 processor, if that helps at all.

I am happy to have a go at flashing it but my concern is bricking the device if I use the wrong files, it's useless in its current state so I suppose nothing ventured and all that......

Many thanks to any suggestions.

Have a look at this thread because it specifically mentions the motherboard reference.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/rk3188-devices/k-r42-cs918-mk888-jesurun/21032-cs918-v2_6-20140929-looking-for-stock-rom-please-help
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Working...
    X