Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are frequent freezes common with the H96 Pro+ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are frequent freezes common with the H96 Pro+ ?

I have a H96 Pro+ 3/32g box the freezes up throughout the day. I have tried 20170602 firmware and for 2 days I had no freezes. After that the freeze ups returned. Heat is not an issue, I have a custom cooling setup for it. Is this a firmware problem or something physical? Do these boxes freeze a lot? Thanks.
    Last edited by BitcoinsFTW; 07-06-2017, 09:51.

I've narrowed down what is causing my freezes. Apparently, adding any external storage like an SD card or USB stick is causing my box to freeze up. With the SD it usually freezes 45mins to a few hours and with USB stick it can freeze within mins.

If anyone has any idea of how to fix this, please reply.

Comment

Box getting Hot, Power supply,
      Fault with card/stick bad track or format.
      Try SD formatter https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ for cards and stick and recopy files over may help

treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
        Box getting Hot, Power supply,
        Fault with card/stick bad track or format.
        Try SD formatter https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/ for cards and stick and recopy files over may help

After further testing, box temp is between 38 and 52 Celsius, 52 being under max load. I tried a new power supply, I tired the SD formatter and still got freezes.

One new thing I did learn though was even after removing an external storage device I was still getting freezes for like an hour. After an hour or so the freezes went away. I been running the box non-stop now for about 60 hours with no problems.

So, it seems to me that when something (an android core app?) is searching for files and or directories that are or were located on an external storage device it is causing android to freeze up for some reason?

Comment

Or playstore finally updated
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

LOL, I had the problem before your firmware. Your firmware gave me less freezes than any other

Comment

Working...
            X