S905XQ firmware with 9083 wifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S905XQ firmware with 9083 wifi

I have what appears to be a rebranded MXQ Pro 4k box with PCB labeled as "S905XQ_V1.0". I installed the custom rom based on the Xannytech version and the WiFi does not work. With further inspection, I have a wifi chip labeled as "SCI S9083C". I can not find any rom that includes that wifi driver.

Can anyone point me in the direct towards a working rom or a little help with getting this wifi to work?

Originally posted by Jackthestripper89 View Post
    I have what appears to be a rebranded MXQ Pro 4k box with PCB labeled as "S905XQ_V1.0". I installed the custom rom based on the Xannytech version and the WiFi does not work. With further inspection, I have a wifi chip labeled as "SCI S9083C". I can not find any rom that includes that wifi driver.

Can anyone point me in the direct towards a working rom or a little help with getting this wifi to work?

I was looking for the Same thing over the last few days, I did come up with one it seems to be dated 20170206 even though they say it is 20170210 but it has Problems the Image fime is over 1.6GB I tried to extract it with the Amlogic Customization Tool with no Luck it crashes every time but it did leave the ext4 file on the Drive so I mounted it on my Linux box and extracted what I thought I would need to make another firmware work but replacing one of the files makes it boot loop I worked on it today and have what I think is a Working Firmware WiFi works it is Rooted.

This is a Combination of two firmware but it seems to work very well for what the Box is 1gb 8gb Most of my time is spent with 2gb or 3gb Boxes but got this one for Peanuts It was stuck at the Logo screen but is now booting and working.

I no longer have any place to upload it to, any suggestions on where to put it so you can get access to it let me know.

Comment

These are some good places to upload files for sharing.

https://mega.nz/

https://www.mediafire.com/

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

As it turned out the Rom was not as stable as it appeared, I updated Play Store Services and it Hose the Whole Box the only way to get it to boot was to do a Factory Reset in Recovery that is no good at all.

I found another Firmware that seems to be better even though it is from November of last Year, Has to update the Systemui App to get the Notification Bar to Work and even updated Play store both service and the Store its self now it don't complain that Play Service will not run until updated it was version 11.3.02 that hosed the Rom don't know why but even now with this other Firmware updating Services to 11.3.02 has an affect on the whole system Root goes away and WiFi Stops Working maybe it is a Bug in this Version I don't know.

At any rate the Rom has been running now for 3 days playing all sorts of videos and seem to work Okay as soon as I get a bit more time I will pack it up and stick it out there for others that have the same sort of Box to use the Funning thing about this Firmware is the bootvideo is for a A96X which I have never heard or but it has the Same Board in Fact this same looking board was used in some S905 Only Players it was later updated to a S905X or so it seems it is rather Odd Player anyway.

Another thing is that I have not found any twrp that works with this Box they boot up but can not see any Partitions.

I will update the Post when I have it ready.

Comment

Thanks for the update and for taking the time to pack and post a reliable firmware that I am sure will be of use to others with the same or similar boxes and issues.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

At this time I am unable to verify that it works the one and only Box that I have seems to have a Bad Rom chip I keep getting unrecoverable nand Errors in the Log before the Whole thing goes Ballistic.

I will Post what I have done so far but there is noway for me to verify that it is all working.

The Chip in question is H27UCG8T2ETR

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now
            Last edited by tht; 08-29-2017, 02:39.

Comment

Well the Player I have is Hosed that is for sure but as Log as I don't Install anything after it gets heated up it will Run Fine so it seems the firmware is working.

If there is anyone that has the same player and can install the firmware I would love to hear back from them.

This is the Third complete Firmware that I have tried I was thinking that the others where Hosed but as it turns out it is my Player so I will get the other two versions that are Newer than the one I posted tested again and post links to them also they are newer by 2 to 3 months and are based on MXQPro-V8 and one of the original AK-MXQ if anyone wants them that is.

As of right now the Player has been running and playing Videos since before I posted the link above.

Still running uninterrupted since 08-28-2017 I would have to say it is stable, I will be shutting it down later today and flashing one of the other version and run the same test before I add the other firmware to the downloads.
              Last edited by tht; 09-02-2017, 14:17. Reason: Update!

Comment

Not sure whatever became of this thread or tht's rom but I got bored one day and the found the perfect solution for my problem. I purchased a RTL8188 wifi module on **** for about $4. After swapping it with the 9083 module, I was able to use my wifi using the Xannytech rom that was ported for the "S905XQ_V1.0". Works like the dream. Not sure if the remote is supported but I questioned if the remote I had actually worked so I tossed it in the trash. Using one of those cheap usb keyboard/mouse deals that is referenced below.

Controller for reference https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB13lhAJ...r-Smart-TV.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X