[ROM] Nexbox A95X - S905 (1GB/8GB) - Custom ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Nexbox A95X - S905 (1GB/8GB) - Custom ROM

Hello, this is my first post on this forum but I have been around here for while reading up on the work of this great community.
    I registered to make my first contribution which I believe might help others.
    I had this Nexbox A95X box with S905 (non X, 1Gb / 8GB) laying around in a drawer because I was not very happy with the stock rom and overall performance and bought a Beelink GT1.
    This weekend I had some time to play around with the A95X and see if I could improve it and customize it to my needs and I am here to share the results.
    This rom is based on the official one.

Stuff removed :

- All the bloat apps like social networks, miracast, cloudtv apps, kodi manager.
    - The crappy fully loaded Kodi setup.
    - The default launcher (the one with the Ironman picture).
    - Basically kept only the GoogleApps and some AOSP packages.

Stuff added :

- My own TVLauncher which is very simple and very light, and gets the job done (feel free to install your prefered launcher).
    - The latest FTMC as a preinstalled app.

I am happy with the end result.
    It´s a light ROM with no crappy bundled apps and a brand new custom made launcher which was actually fun to create.

See attached screenshots for the look & feel of the launcher.

ROM Download : http://www.mediafire.com/file/9mrzd3...CLEAN-FTMC.zip

Extract the ZIP file and Install the the IMG with Amlogic USB Burning Tool just like the official roms.
    Before burning, remember to check if the temperature range setting is between 20 and 60.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by satanuke; 07-17-2017, 20:43.

good job, I have a MXQ pro 4k and I installed your rom and was very happy with the result. The wifi and remote works well and It is very fast to start and to launch any app. But when I try to download any app from Google Play it show me "pending download" , I tried different solution to fix the issue with no luck, do you have the same issue ? or can you provide me with a way to fix this problem. Also can you make the home screen to show more icon per line ( six instead of 4 )
    Thank you for your effort.

Comment

Hi, fantastic ROM, I have to really greet with you, especially for the smooth feeling that your build give, my dear A95X is like a new machine, everything is fast and polish, thank you very much!!! Andrea.

Comment

hello!
        thank you for your work satanuke! now my tv box is usable!!!

i just want to report a bug: when play store is updating to latest version, i'm unable to install any app anymore! as a temporary fix, i need to uninstall playstore updates and then i can install apps! but then, playstore update itself and once again i cannot install apps....

if you fix this bug, this is very good rom!!!!
        thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by adaniel69 View Post
          hello!

i just want to report a bug: when play store is updating to latest version, i'm unable to install any app anymore! as a temporary fix, i need to uninstall playstore updates and then i can install apps! but then, playstore update itself and once again i cannot install apps....

thank you!
          Perhaps you could try installing an updated play store version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-store/
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

hello!

thank you!
            I will check this on the weekend. Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

@bluesmanuk: maybe you don't understand: with original play store(version 6.5.08.D-all[0]2792142) i'm able to install anything. but meanwhile, play store is auto updating to the latest version(8.1.30.S-all[0][FP]165136412) and then i cannot install apps from play store! stays stuck at "download pending". with aptoide is working! or manualy(if i have apk)

@satanuke: thank you! i've tried to install different versions of play store, but with no result! i've rooted the device!
              ps: it would be good if you can integrate something to show if wifi(strenght) or lan is connected! and a clock near the date!

thank you!!

Comment

@bluesmanuk: maybe you don't understand: with original play store(version 6.5.08.D-all[0]2792142) i'm able to install anything. but meanwhile, play store is auto updating to the latest version(8.1.30.S-all[0][FP]165136412) and then i cannot install apps from play store! stays stuck at "download pending". with aptoide is working! or manualy(if i have apk)

@satanuke: thank you! i've tried to install different versions of play store, but with no result! i've rooted the device!
                ps: it would be good if you can integrate something to show if wifi(strenght) or lan is connected! and a clock near the date!

thank you!!
                As for the launcher, I already have some feedback from other users and will be making a few improvements.
                I will add a some customization options like, font size, icon size, number of app collumns, etc...
                The connectivity icon to show the network status is also a good idea. I will do that too.

Comment

i've installed other launcher!
                  as you know, this box has only 775mb ram! if you could do something about that... i don't know, virtual ram or something, i think it would help apps a lot! sometime apps are restarting! i think is because of ram....
                  or maybe ram sharing change(video chip)...

Comment

i've installed other launcher!
                    as you know, this box has only 775mb ram! if you could do something about that... i don't know, virtual ram or something, i think it would help apps a lot! sometime apps are restarting! i think is because of ram....
                    or maybe ram sharing change(video chip)...
                    There is nothing you can do about the RAM. It's a limitation you will have to live with.
                    That was the main reason I bought another box.
                    Altough I only use Android boxes for Kodi, YouTube and Spotify and this box is enough for that.

Comment

thank you!!
                      I do understand because 8.1.30 is not the latest version.

8.1.73 is, hence the suggestion to try.
                      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

@satanuke: any progress?
                        thanks!

Comment

Hey guys,

I tried to install this ROM but I just can't get it to work.
                          The USB Burning Tool (v2.0.7.2_build2_12) never displays my device. It's the A95X R1 Box with Rockchip RK3229
                          My Windows Device Manager (Win 10 64bit) shows Class for rocksub devices > Rocksub Device when I connect it to my PC via USB while pressing the reset button.
                          I installed the driver with the DriverAssistant v 4.4 from Rockchip.
                          But it just wont show the device in the Burning Tool.

Please help!

Comment

@Polarpete: This rom is for A95x Amlogic S905(non X) version, 1Gb Ram, 8Gb Rom. Yours is Rockchip....

Comment

Thanks for this rom. I had to wait for about a month to get an male-male usb cable to arrive but I finally flashed the rom int my a95x. This box boots up faster than my H96 Pro and works faster too. Just shows that an android TV box don't really need 2/16gigs of memory and 1/8 gigs of memory does the job.

Some minor quirks is that play store won't work in my box because of 'security issues.' Another weird thing is that Showbox won't launch from apps folder. The only way is going to the Apps in the system settings and launch it there.... Weird.

Comment

Working...
                              X