Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Request M8S firmware issues

Hi
    Been lurking in the background a while while trying to sort out my stupid m8s clone box. So decided to register in the last ditch attempt for help as I've read all the posts over and over but still can't sort it.

So in my stupidity I decided to try upgrade the firmware to get the latest kodi.
    Found a few files online. But the first 1 I tried resulted in a bit.
    I didn't back up as I was a bit nieve.
    Using the brick recovery files I was able to get back to the interface. BUT when I reset or power off the box it freezes on the amlogic splash.
    I've Tried every firmware I can find and none will actually load other than the brick recovery. They all either result in a brick with blue light on or a brick with no blue light and 1 instance of blue light on but black screen.

I've opened up my device and I have the AP6330 chip with board version 8_1 20150418.

I've never been able to boot into recovery and I also cannot get the device to connect to usb burning tool at all I've installed everything for that as per instructions and I've used 2 different pcs and 2 different usb cables. Made sure driver enforcement was off etc but I can't even get a connection.
    I've tried the jumper method also with no luck and also pins on the nand

Can anybody help me out as I'll try anything at this point

Thanks in advance

See if this thread helps you

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s812-aa/others-aa/577128-ott-m8s-clone-rom-dumping-and-recovery
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I've tried the twrp method but it doesn't boot to the recovery.
      I know the sd card is good because I can flash the recovery image to get back into android until I reboot then I'm back to square 1.

I also tried flashing from the backup and restore ui from within android that accepts it has a file and reboots but hangs again on the amlogic splash

Comment

As I understand things, the M8S was supposed to be an S812 but I know that some unscrupulous dealers were selling with S805 and S802 onboard.

Can you check the board just to see which SOC you have onboard?

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
          As I understand things, the M8S was supposed to be an S812 but I know that some unscrupulous dealers were selling with S805 and S802 onboard.

Can you check the board just to see which SOC you have onboard?
          Sound like a tit but where would I find the markings for that do I need to take the heatsink off?

Comment

You may well find that there is no heat sink directly attached to the SOC, so will be labelled.

So worth a look to see.

If there is one attached then of course you might want to leave it alone unless you are happy to remove and repalce it.

Comment

You may well find that there is no heat sink directly attached to the SOC, so will be labelled.

So worth a look to see.

If there is one attached then of course you might want to leave it alone unless you are happy to remove and repalce it.
              I think the heatsink is covering it to be fair and it looks like it's glued on as there's no mechanical fixing securing it down I'd rather leave it be.

I am sure it boots to the s805 splash though I'll double check but that may be to do with the numerous attempts at firmware loading I've done

Comment

So you are pretty confident that it is an S805 then?

Which firmwares have you tried so far?

Comment

So you are pretty confident that it is an S805 then?

Which firmwares have you tried so far?
                  I just have an inkling that's what the splash said originally although I could be wrong on that.
                  I've tried just about every firmware I could find like the acemax ive tried the cyx one. I still have them all on the other computer.

so I'm not sure where to go.

ive just had a bit of a result and managed to get it connected to the usb burning tool on a different computer so I'm trying to hunt down a suitable firmware to try

Comment

After managing to get a connection via usb burner I tried the following firmware I found posted in the forum by redliquid

​​​​cyx_m8s_v8.6_ap6330_8g2g_kodi_addons_ota_ 15090 8_US B.img

The file completes successfully in usb burner but I then still have the same issue of being stuck on the amlogic splash.

​​​​​@bluesmanuk
                    on and I checked the splash it actually says M8S not 805 unless it did before

So now I am well and truly stumped

Comment

I tried to find information on the board number but was unable to match anything up to it.

So right now it may be a case of trying different firmares to see if one works.

But others may also see this thread and be able to chip in with their experiences.

Comment

I tried to find information on the board number but was unable to match anything up to it.

So right now it may be a case of trying different firmares to see if one works.

But others may also see this thread and be able to chip in with their experiences.
                        That's what I'm afraid of because I can't seem to find anymore firmware that I can try. I seem to have tried them all.
                        Although I've now managed to get usb burner to connect but a lot of the files are for the sd card method which is what I've tried but as I don't seem to have a recovery partition to boot into it's a dead end.

But saying that there has to be a file somewhere otherwise it wouldn't work in the first place

I've attached a couple of pics of locations in the board if it helps

Comment

I have a feeling that this thread may help

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s812-aa/eny-acemax-ott-aa/firmware-roms-tools-al/528536-help-finding-firmware-for-amlogic-s812-ott-tv-box-square-8-gb-rom-2-gb-ram-6330-ap

The board references look the same M8 V8_1 20150418

I haven't read through the thread but it might be a pointer.

Comment

I have a feeling that this thread may help

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s812-aa/eny-acemax-ott-aa/firmware-roms-tools-al/528536-help-finding-firmware-for-amlogic-s812-ott-tv-box-square-8-gb-rom-2-gb-ram-6330-ap

The board references look the same M8 V8_1 20150418

I haven't read through the thread but it might be a pointer.
                            Thanks I'll have a read through and see if it throws anything up.
                            I think I may have read that before but I'll go over it again

Comment

bluesmanuk I've had another read.
                              It is indeed the same board but unfortunately all of the links are down!!

Comment

Working...
                              X