MXQ Hardware problem possibly a short.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MXQ Hardware problem possibly a short.

I have an android box and it refuses to power on. When I measure the power adaptor it's giving 5v but when I press the power button the power goes down to 1v and fluctuates slightly around there. Any ideas what might have failed? I have pics of the board and there's no sign of damage but it won't let me upload any of them because they're over 2mb. I'll resize them on my PC if needed. It's labeled s85_v3.0_20140905. It's the MXQ with the button on top. Could there be a failing mofset or diode? Thanks.
    "HANDS ARE NATURES FORKS" -Rigby

Hello @steocullen91,

Welcome to FreakTab.
    It looks like a short to me yes but I am not 100% sure.

Maybe it is also the Power Supply what is faulty did you try already a different one with same Specs?

Also you can try to power it up with an USB Cable. For this you need an USB A to A Cable. Then plugin to a USB port and try to power on.

Regards
    Neomode

Gesendet von meinem K6000 Plus mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      Hello @steocullen91,

Welcome to FreakTab.
      It looks like a short to me yes but I am not 100% sure.

Maybe it is also the Power Supply what is faulty did you try already a different one with same Specs?

Also you can try to power it up with an USB Cable. For this you need an USB A to A Cable. Then plugin to a USB port and try to power on.

Regards
      Neomode

Gesendet von meinem K6000 Plus mit Tapatalk
      Thanks for that suggestion I'll try find a USB a to a cable. This box has a micro USB also but that won't power it unless it was powered on from the 5v jack first whatever way it's made. At least that's what my nanny's was like when I tried to flash it with USB burning tool.

Comment

I found a cable and when I plug it in the optical sound output is lighting up and the board is getting warm. At least that's some sign of life I suppose
        Last edited by steocullen91; 07-30-2017, 04:35.

Comment

That's good, it's alive!

So either your Power Supply is faulty or the something near the power plug.
          Please make a photo that we can check it.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
            That's good, it's alive!

So either your Power Supply is faulty or the something near the power plug.
            Please make a photo that we can check it.

Neomode
            Thanks. I already tried a known working PSU, but here's a picture of whats near the power input.

EDIT: you'll see nothing in that the limit was 2mb. Heres a larger clearer version. https://ibb.co/ce9GS5
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

OK so even with the USB a to a cable I'm only getting 1.8v on this 3.3v line here. https://ibb.co/guSWuk

I'm not too sure what's happening yet. I thought the USB was shorting but it isn't I was measuring the wrong pins.
              Last edited by steocullen91; 07-30-2017, 16:46.

Comment

Sorry for all these posts. I tried to plug USB A to A into the box and the power supply at the same time. It started pulsing the optical audio at the same speed I was getting the fluctuations at and then it stayed on and I noticed the blue light on top came on, but then I noticed a burning smell. So anyway now the box powers on but won't boot or be detected by USB burning tool. It just sits on a blue LED and doesn't do anything else. Whatever was shorting must be what caused that burning smell but now since it does power on I wonder will that help find out what the problem is.

Comment

Working...
                X