Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

input lag on 4K H96 Pro+

Hello
    I have very strange thing going on in my android box. All menus, scrolling and all input from mouse or keyboard have some very distinctive lag. About half second or maybe entire one. For typing it is OK I could live with it but for mouse movement is a bit annoying. I googled but nothing so far.
    I have disabled all animations from Developers options and menus and scrolling became much better but the mouse and keyboard lag still exists. I am also resting the box several times without any success about input lag. I am saving reflash with different ROM for very last option as this is china gadget and may brick it. Due to the fact that there are so many different models and PCBs on same device.

So any help/advice is very appreciated.
    Best regards!

Sounds like an overheating cpu. Check box temp when it's lagging. My tablet does same thing.

If it's hot or very warm... You may want to Try changing output (hdmi) resolution to a lower resolution than what you are currently using. (1080p, 720p, etc).

OR Unplug for a while until cool, then turn on and change resolution. If it fixes lag or you don't see lag after 30 minutes of viewing video's, then you have a heat issue.

Look on here for hacks to lower your system/cpu temps.

Good Luck on your investigation!

Comment

Hello and thanks for your answer!
      I suspected this and did turning off the device until completely cool (unplugged from power supply as well) and immediately after that turning it on the issue is the same no matter the device was turned on less that 20 seconds ago. According to couple of softwares the CPU is 52-60C. But will give a try with lowering resolution as I am using 4k30Hz and will update this post.
      Best regards!

Comment

Hello
        I tried with several other resolutions and no change. I tried 1080p, 720p and still the same. I opened the box and was surprised to see that I have a couple more USBs so I drilled the hole in the outer shell and now I am using them as well but the issues is still the same.
        To be honest it is not dealbraker but i is not giving the same experience as desktop PC. This means games cannot be played with mouse and keyboard. I tried angry birds just for fun and it was no so enjoyable.
        Maybe I will try some custom ROMs but I cannot see any for 3GB DDR4 ram and 16GB storage. and also 9377 radio. So will wait for some other ports and will give it a try!

Best regards!

Comment

Heya @ Ewing,

I would suggest four thing for you to try....

1. Change your HDMI port...especially if you have a t.v. with both HDMI v1.4 and 2.0+ ( v1.4 / 30Hz is better?)...and reboot a couple of times. You may see Android System files update...
          2. Your t.v. settings may have smoothing or judder control..causing perceptible lag?
          3. Is your China Box set to auto HDMI or fixed resolution?
          4. Are you using the default launcher? Some launchers or updates install...poorly and can offer similar problems.

A combo of any of these thing can give rise to issues.
          G-luck

Reap

Comment

I got H96 MAX ver 7.1.2.. please kindly help me , no sound or audio.? I tried all possible option? when I reset to factory setting. sound comes for 1 or 60 second. but than NO SOUND/AUDIO. please reply .

Comment

Heya, @ atiq33,

Sounds like a drag

Actually, have you tried another HDMI cable or try your China Box on another t.v. different brand? Family or friend with HDMI t.v. Decent public libraries have free meeting rooms to book with a t.v. Tell them what you are trying to do.
              (Untested by me) Change you China Box to Developer mode. There is an developer option (Android 6) to> disable u.s.b. audio routing.

I'm not sure if this helps or not.

G-luck
              Reap

Comment

china brand? all box are comes from china lol. i purchased from amazon uk, . yes i tried another own hdmi, and another hdtv 4k . unfortunatly i got 3 tv but all are sony uk. but i dont understand why its not detect on my pc when i tried to connect , atleast its should . so i can c i can downgrade to 6.00.. estologic distributer of h96 max sent link i done exactly same. but when i connect to my pc , its only show blue light and thats all no sign on pc?

Comment

Connect the monitor through HDMI...connecting through computer is similar to linking different operating systems.
                  Your Sony's may be too fancy or vice-versa. Do the different brand test, is successful, you may have to flash your t.v. with newer firmware....

G-luck
                  Reap

Comment

Hi
                    Reaper Man: 1. tied several combinations already. The box is connected directly to receiver as I would like to plat true-HD and DTS-MA track so it has to be connected to the receiver, at the end it does not play them as expected but this is another issue. In regard to HDMI i tried different ports on receiver also I directly to TV, all ports have the same outcome.
                    2.My TV has enough CPU power to handle fair amounts of picture processing but for the sake of testing I turned them all OFF and no change at all. I have xbox360 conenxted same way and no lag there as I play so most probably there is noe delay along the way.
                    3. fixed 4k30Hz - when I connect directly to TV 4k60Hz appears and it is working also same way as for example 720p30Hz
                    4. using default but tried some other (cant remember the name now, cant check as I am not at home) without any visual effects but same outcome.

the only thing that makes difference is when changing USB ports on the box than the lag becomes much much greater but when I disconnect mouse receiver and connect it again the lag becomes half a second as usual. I have another HDMI issues though but will read some more regarding this problem and will post new topic if I cant find solution. but most probably it is caused by bad mobo design and drivers i think and cannot be fixed as it is hardware related.

@atiq33: please do not save your words for yourselves and describe detailed what is your setup/settings and this way the people here could help you much better

Comment

Heya @ Ewing,

I haven't setup my Onkyo receiver since HDMI board replacement.
                      I would also suggest going into Developer Options....and mucking around...at you own risk....
                      • Window animation scale:
                      • Transition animation scale:
                      • Debug GPU overdraw:
                      Disable Usb debugging?

Last guess, ...your mouse or keyboard are wireless?
                      Try Bluetooth versions of mouse and keyboard. If mouse and keyboard are wireless...you may have R.F. interference over the seperate bands.

G-luck
                      Reap

Comment

Nope it doe not help I have even now disabled all animations. The problem is movement of mouse cursor not menus. Thay are laggy also that is why i disabled these animations. And yes they are wireless. I used them in same room on a laptop and no interference at all. Even though they have digital signaling and the interference have to be much greater in order to disrupt the entire communication between mouse and dongle. That is why I suspected the OS or some china software running. but I am not much into linux/android to look at all processes and disable much of them.

I will try this GPU thing as I do nto know what it is aand that is why I did not tried yet.

And regarding receiver I was aiming for Onkyo as well but they are much more expansive than my poor pioneer
                        But If you do not have problems with DTS-MA/ DD TrueHD as I do, do connect it to the box. The audio experience is different

Thank you so much for the effort to help me!
                        Best regards!

Comment

Working...
                        X