Found KERNEL(s) with Lag Fix that works for our CX-919

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found KERNEL(s) with Lag Fix that works for our CX-919

I've tested the 720p no OC kernel with Finless 4.2.2 1.4 and it works great. No more choppy 1080p video playback.

Originally posted by nbhnohome View Post
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...2-IV-or-UG007B

I've tested the 720p no OC kernel with Finless 4.2.2 1.4 and it works great. No more choppy 1080p video playback.

nbhnohome,

Thanks for the link. How hot did your CX-919 get when streaming 1080P video with this kernel?

smithmal

Comment

Is it me or is the video on the 720p is rather grainy? Works very well btw and is stable.

Comment

Originally posted by smithmal View Post
        nbhnohome,

Thanks for the link. How hot did your CX-919 get when streaming 1080P video with this kernel?

smithmal
        I've stripped my stick since Day 1 so the stick does not heat up too much ( around 82-86 degree/ Room Temp is 75).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0098.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	430567

Comment

how about huluplus and netflix app ? it is working or crashing?

Comment

Originally posted by angelboy View Post
            how about huluplus and netflix app ? it is working or crashing?
            Just try it and let us know! You can always go back. I personally tried it and can say its the best kernel so far.

Comment

I've stripped my stick since Day 1 so the stick does not heat up too much ( around 82-86 degree/ Room Temp is 75).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2923[/ATTACH]

What kind of temps were you getting before the strip down? What are the cons of removing the outer casing. Is there a guide somewhere that provides a step-by-step on how to do this properly?

smithmal

Comment

Originally posted by smithmal View Post
                What kind of temps were you getting pore the strip down? What are the cons of removing the outer casing. Is there a guide somewhere that provides a step-by-step on how to do this properly?

smithmal
                The stick heats up to about 120-140 degree with case on and stock heatsink (garbage) and kept rebooting itself so i opened it up, remove stock heatsink(heat it up with your hair dryer but dont overdo it then twist it off). I used heatsink + fan from my old computer graphic card (if you can't remove it by force, dip it in alcohol or nail polish remover (acetone or non acetone base) for 5 or 10 minutes. I use thermal compound + super glue to attach new heatsink onto rk3188. If the new heatsink is too big, you can trim it down or just let it sit over 2 memory modules that is next to rk3188 (with some thermal compound on them so both the memory modules physically transfer heat to the heatsink (leaving air gap between them is bad).

To enable the fan, you can either connect it to different power source OR/ splice off extra micro usb cable, connect it to the fan cable ( use red and white wires) and connect to FIRMWARE Flashing port on the stick ( you can use other 5V Power Supply with higher current ouput but STOCK one works fine for me.)

For the antenna, i cut it off from the case and glue it to Full-Size USB port (the plastic side since it's easier to superglue to plastic than to metal but be careful, dont let glue run down to the inside (superglue gel is much easier to control than its liquid cousin)
                Last edited by nbhnohome; 08-06-2013, 19:54.

Comment

Anyone given xbmc libstagefreight a whirl on this combo?

Comment

The stick heats up to about 120-140 degree with case on and stock heatsink (garbage) and kept rebooting itself so i opened it up, remove stock heatsink(heat it up with your hair dryer but dont overdo it then twist it off). I used heatsink + fan from my old computer graphic card (if you can't remove it by force, dip it in alcohol or nail polish remover (acetone or non acetone base) for 5 or 10 minutes. I use thermal compound + super glue to attach new heatsink onto rk3188. If the new heatsink is too big, you can trim it down or just let it sit over 2 memory modules that is next to rk3188 (with some thermal compound on them so both the memory modules physically transfer heat to the heatsink (leaving air gap between them is bad).

To enable the fan, you can either connect it to different power source OR/ splice off extra micro usb cable, connect it to the fan cable ( use red and white wires) and connect to FIRMWARE Flashing port on the stick ( you can use other 5V Power Supply with higher current ouput but STOCK one works fine for me.)

For the antenna, i cut it off from the case and glue it to Full-Size USB port (the plastic side since it's easier to superglue to plastic than to metal but be careful, dont let glue run down to the inside (superglue gel is much easier to control than its liquid cousin)

nbhnohome,

Thanks for the response. That's some hardcore modding there!

smithmal

Comment

LOL that baby aint gonna overheat

Mind you that looks like alot of weight to cantilever on the HDMI port ..... not worried about screwing the HDMI connection?

Comment

I have the tronsmart and i dont know why but first time it worked ok, but today i have problems with the wifi, it doesnt connect and when it does, system reboots (something strange if that it doesnt connect automatically but if i touch the antenna with the finger start to connect, but when it does it reboot as i said). I reflashed but the same happens.

Now i have finless 4.2.2 1.4 without the kernel with lag fix .

Comment

Originally posted by Chachotio View Post
                          I have the tronsmart and i dont know why but first time it worked ok, but today i have problems with the wifi, it doesnt connect and when it does, system reboots (something strange if that it doesnt connect automatically but if i touch the antenna with the finger start to connect, but when it does it reboot as i said). I reflashed but the same happens.

Now i have finless 4.2.2 1.4 without the kernel with lag fix .
                          You might want to underclock CPU to 1.4 Ghz instead of 1.6 Ghz. One of my friend has the rebooting issue with his CX-919 and doing this does the trick.

Comment

You might want to underclock CPU to 1.4 Ghz instead of 1.6 Ghz. One of my friend has the rebooting issue with his CX-919 and doing this does the trick.
                            Thanks for the answer, but i dont know yet why the issue is only with wifi, everythig work ok even the antutu (17000) and the wifi just try to connect when i touch the antenna with my finger..... i dont know the relation of underclocking it with that.

I have the finless 4.2.2 1.4 with it kernels and it works great though

Comment

I've tried this with Tronsmart cx-919, seems to work with wifi and all. but it gets warm and when I ran antutu and I got 16989 score and the stick got kinda hot but never had any reboots

Comment

Working...
                              X