M8 BOX No Recovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8 BOX No Recovery

hello i have an old M8 box ,with just the blue on ...ive tryed all Usb burning tools .&.no joy!!! & quite a few SD card zips but still no recovery!.. Anybody know of a guaranteed SD img or zip just to get me into recovery?

When you were using the USB burning tools, did the flashing process complete successfully as far as the burning tool was concerned?

Are you sure that the firmware(s) that you have used are compatible with your box?

The likes of the M8 spawned a lot of clones, some of which didn't have the hardware inside the box that the vendor said it did and so could have meant you flashing firmware, which you might have quite reasonably assumed was correct but didn't match up to the hardware.

At this point it may be worth opening up the box and tale some detailed pictures of the board and all it's identifiable components.

Even if all is as it expected, one of the last resort solutions may be to short a couple of pins on the board, so you may end up opening the box anyway to resolve the issue.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

ive tryed all USB burning tools and the device is not detected....the board is M8 V8_1.. so i need SD recovery .....one that works!
      Gonna try TWRP ....dont really want to short pins if i can help it

Comment

What SOC is on the board?

S802/S805/S812?

Comment

I think he has the old original M8 Box.
          What you can do is open that Box there you have to set a Jumper to enable USB Burning.

Neomode

Comment

S812 ...the usbs are fine because it used to work with the USB tool but not after it became bricked and no recovery

Comment

its like this one
              Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried this method?

https://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/how-to-unbrick-any-amlogic-devices.html

From what I have read, the pins that would require shorting are 28 and 29,

Comment

shorted pins & its worked a treat ..thanks guys

Comment

Excellent

Comment

Sometimes it is the best to reset the Nand.
                      Bad that AML has no masked Rom Mode like Rockchip.

Neomode

Comment

Working...
                      X