Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imito OX1 - Wifi bug that needs to be fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imito OX1 - Wifi bug that needs to be fixed!

FYI, as Leolas has found out and so have I even on stock ROMs, there is a hardware / kernel bug that is not resetting WIFI on a soft reboot.

WIFI will not work after a soft reboot! You actually have to remove power from the QX1 to make WIFI work again!

This is driving me nuts and Imito needs to fix this. When they do I hope they will release sources at least for the fix!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Re: Wifi bug that needs to be fixed!

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    FYI, as Leolas has found out and so have I even on stock ROMs, there is a hardware / kernel bug that is not resetting WIFI on a soft reboot.

WIFI will not work after a soft reboot! You actually have to remove power from the QX1 to make WIFI work again!

This is driving me nuts and Imito needs to fix this. When they do I hope they will release sources at least for the fix!

Bob
    I want so, but really don't so much hope to see imito releasing sources, the problem happens too if you rmmod wlan.ko and try to activate wifi again, the module cant be loaded again, I dont know if it is a hardware or software bug, anyway Imitó didn't solve it in last rom too, and the problem is present from 4.1.
    And no way to found working sources for the wifi module, and the stock one let your logcat and dmesg full of stupids and unsuccessful logs. Maybe the engineer let all the debug stuff activated in the module :banghead:

leolas
    REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
    My devices:
    Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
    MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
    Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
    Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
    Gearbest.com)
    MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
    Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
    Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

I get new firmware from imito,and i am uploading it.

if the new firmware also can't fix this problem, please PM me more detail of the problem, i will try my best HARD to make imito fix the problem or even release the source code.

Thanks
      Looking for developers
      http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

New firmware? CRAP!
        I just worked hard on my new ROM.

But OK I will have a look for sure.

Let me know when it is uploaded.

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

You're a masochist, aren't you Bob? I mean, back problems, banging head on walls, getting hit by cars (which apparently causes problems with the sciatic nerve), and last, but not least, acquiring unregistered molecular reconstructors from aliens and using it to deconstruct digits. Truth be told, we should all be thankful you're still alive!!! Lol, love the vids, btw!

Comment

Re: Imito OX1 - Wifi bug that needs to be fixed!

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
            I get new firmware from imito,and i am uploading it.

if the new firmware also can't fix this problem, please PM me more detail of the problem, i will try my best HARD to make imito fix the problem or even release the source code.

Thanks
            Thanks again for the support and bring us new firm. I will try to test the new one when return home.

leolas
            My devices:
            Gearbest.com)
            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Well I got exhausted trying to resolve this bug, and no success, I wrote to imito directly (http://www.imito.net/index/about?type=contact), and commented and explained the bug, they ignore me and never answer . Before I tried to ask them for kernel sources (before I got the correct GPIOS to make BT work in custom kernels) and they ignore me too.
              I tried everything I know and I cant fix it. And I lose a lot of time doing it
              Now we have custom kernel almost full working (only this bug, wifi on reboot stay), my next step was try to work in linux for this stick, but with this bug there is no possibilities to make wifi work, so I will not try it.
              Thanks a lot iMito for a defective device (a lot of months after release it and the bug is still there) and for your customer support (who ignore the users, 5 emails sent explaining the problems and noone of them was answered). I will not buy a iMito device again and I will never suggest this brand to anyone.
              My devices:
              Gearbest.com)

Comment

Leolas. Does this mean that you will no longer support rom or kernels for the QX1 in future? I have also sent multiple emails to them and have had no reply. This service from Imito is unacceptable. They release a stick which does not fully work to the specification they state and then they don't back up customer issues with the product. Makes me think that its more than likely a hardware issue. Is this the same issue with the QX2? Will you continue to release your new rom and kernels?

Comment

Re: Imito OX1 - Wifi bug that needs to be fixed!

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                  Leolas. Does this mean that you will no longer support rom or kernels for the QX1 in future? I have also sent multiple emails to them and have had no reply. This service from Imito is unacceptable. They release a stick which does not fully work to the specification they state and then they don't back up customer issues with the product. Makes me think that its more than likely a hardware issue. Is this the same issue with the QX2? Will you continue to release your new rom and kernels?
                  Yes I will do, it is the only rk3188 device I have, I am trying to solve this problem and I am concentrated on it, so I will not release any Rom soon, but I am working in Kernel and Bob will release 1.6 soon.
                  I was frustated because I want to bring Linux to this sticks, and this bug is getting me crazy.

leolas.

EDIT:
                  Seems that Imito will try to solve this problem, I found a ugly workaround to solve it, but this morning imito contacted me after some mails sended to them, I sent them the workaround in:

Expecting their developers with all the tecnical info can made a better fix. I will keep you informed.
                  Last edited by leolas; 10-28-2013, 09:28.
                  My devices:
                  Gearbest.com)

Comment

Working...
                  X