X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 G2 - Flash Mode Problems

Hi all,

Noob here so be gentle!

I've had my 10g2 for about a month now and have decided to try and put a custom firmware on it however I'm falling at the first hurdle!
    When trying to put the 10g2 into flash mode I just can't get it to work, I've got the charger and usb plugged in, I've booted RK 1.29 as admin and I'm holding the + volume and the reset pin however nothing is happening.

All I get is "usb device not recognised" message and then the tablet starts up as normal when i take the paperclip out.

It's currently running the EZ Firmware from Arctools

Apologies if I'm missing something and i've searched for tutorials and nothing seems to be working, I expect to get flamed for what, hopefully, is a rookie error.

Any advice welcomed!

Originally posted by danwoodburn View Post
    Hi all,

Noob here so be gentle!

I've had my 10g2 for about a month now and have decided to try and put a custom firmware on it however I'm falling at the first hurdle!
    When trying to put the 10g2 into flash mode I just can't get it to work, I've got the charger and usb plugged in, I've booted RK 1.29 as admin and I'm holding the + volume and the reset pin however nothing is happening.

All I get is "usb device not recognised" message and then the tablet starts up as normal when i take the paperclip out.

It's currently running the EZ Firmware from Arctools

Apologies if I'm missing something and i've searched for tutorials and nothing seems to be working, I expect to get flamed for what, hopefully, is a rookie error.

Any advice welcomed!
    Did you first install the drivers for your tablet on your pc.
    so yes
    After windows error just hold your volume+ button about 3sec in then must the prog. Say found bla bla bla
    for drivers installation read the READ ME FIRST.FILE
    if you love my work please buy a coffee

<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_GB/i/scr/pixel.gif
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

</form>

Comment

Try this if you're using Windows 7

I had a similar problem and got it to work by changing how Windows installs drivers.

On W7 I go to Control Panel / System.
      Then choose 'Advanced system settings', on the 'System Properties' screen go to the 'Hardware' tab and click 'Device Installation Settings'

In here I chose 'No, let me choose what to do' and then 'Never install driver software from Windows update.

Save changes, try the reset again and you should be able to install the custom drivers.

You can set things back again once you're finished of course!

Hope that helps...

Comment

Like I said, noob mistake!
        Everything went well and I'm now running CFW, many thanks to snakekiller and MrWeelson for the quick assistance.

Feel free to close this thread :-)

Comment

Working...
        X