Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ACEPC AK1 Mini PC - Intel Celeron J3455 Windows10 4GB DDR3 + 32GB eMMC 1000M LAN BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trebor
    commented on 's reply
    Greetings to the forum I have this mini pc the 4GB Ram and I'm quite happy with its performance etc. But I would like to know if it is possible to expand the Ram and if so? what would be the maximum that I could put, thank you all and congratulations on the forum because it is very helpful and useful in gener

Ram no, can add a bigger storage

• Juan.Botti
    replied
    Saludos al foro tengo este mini pc el de 4GB Ram y estoy bastante contento con su rendimiento etc. Pero me gustar?a saber si es posible ampliar la Ram y si es as? cual seria el m?ximo que podr?a poner, gracias a todos y enhorabuena por el foro porque es de gran ayuda y utilidad en general

Leave a comment:

• aeolous
    replied
    windows 10 home
    overheating i wouldnt say so for this machines the go high allright 78-85 and drops back down to 60-63 celsious with the stock fan.
    fresh windows install nothing else installed.

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Over heat ?

What Version Windows ?
    It can be so many things
    Recent Update or installed software maybe ?

Leave a comment:

• aeolous
    replied
    Originally posted by trebor View Post
    Windows should pick them all up ok i think you will find
    i am experiencing some bsod and I think is from drivers maybe I don't know, that's why I I 've requested the drivers intel driver update utility doesn't pick up nothing reports

(Oops, something went wrong while trying to scan. Please try again)
    idle temps are

Core 0 1993.9 MHz x 20.0 99.7 MHz 71 ?C
    Core 1 1495.4 MHz x 15.0 99.7 MHz 69 ?C
    Core 2 1495.4 MHz x 15.0 99.7 MHz 72 ?C
    Core 3 2093.6 MHz x 21.0 99.7 MHz 70 ?C

i am in a pickle, cant think what else can I do, any help will be appreciated

Leave a comment:

• trebor
    replied
    Windows should pick them all up ok i think you will find

Leave a comment:

• aeolous
    replied
    Hi to all does anybody have all the drivers for the acepc ak1 I need them asap

Leave a comment:

• Bcarroll
    replied
    I am looking for the option in the BIOS to auto recover after power failure but am finding nothing for the ACEPC AK1. Does anyone know where or how to do this? Thanks.
    Last edited by Bcarroll; 12-18-2017, 16:40.

Leave a comment:

• aeolous
    replied
    Originally posted by Gormar View Post

I was considering buying this device. Then I found reviews on amazon like that:
    "Issues I have: can't seem to get the hdd formatted for whatever reason. I'll try to do so from an enclosure and see if that works or the issue is a power limitation thing."

or this one.
    Thanks Gornar good to know i also read the reviews
    thanksbfor pointing them out.

Leave a comment:

• Gormar
    replied
    Originally posted by aeolous View Post
    Gormar
    And how did you assume about that i am just asking because i am curious where did you read about faulty usb-c port?
    I was considering buying this device. Then I found reviews on amazon like that:
    "Issues I have: can't seem to get the hdd formatted for whatever reason. I'll try to do so from an enclosure and see if that works or the issue is a power limitation thing."

or this one.

Leave a comment:

• aeolous
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazer View Post
    well the ak1 suffered a hardware failure and would unexpectedly turn off, so on to another device.
    So sad to here about that probably a faulty device?
    Gormar
    And how did you assume about that i am just asking because i am curious where did you read about faulty usb-c port?

Leave a comment:

• Gormar
    replied
    Bottom USB-C port or hard drive bay is faulty on many of these AK1 devices .
    Last edited by Gormar; 10-25-2017, 16:57.

Leave a comment:

• Blazer
    replied
    no trash, refunded, doesn't use n3450 in ak1 but didn't change anything inside, and it wasn't failing because of overheat, apparently the bottom ssd port was problem as after shutoff ssd was corrupt.

Leave a comment:

• Gormar
    replied
    Blazer. Did you use any method to change TDP of your N3450 SoC inside AK1? Even so it shouldn't fail so easily because there is quite beefy cooler and what's more it covers RAM.
    Edit: Sadly PMU (or PCU - Power Control Unit) - Power Management Unit (RT5074A) isn't covered by this cooler.

Before throwing that box into trash bin try to find new 12V power adapter. That is my first thought when dealing with random shutdowns.
    Last edited by Gormar; 10-24-2017, 17:54.

Leave a comment:

• Blazer
    replied
    well the ak1 suffered a hardware failure and would unexpectedly turn off, so on to another device.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X