Sunvell T95Z Plus - IR remote conflict with LG TV "OK" button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunvell T95Z Plus - IR remote conflict with LG TV "OK" button

I just stumbled across a very annoying IR remote conflict between my LG TV and the T95Z Plus: The T95Z Plus consistently powers on when the "OK" button of my LG TV remote is pressed.

System:
    - T95Z Plus with AP6255 wifi
    - Firmware Android 7.1.1 (build T5ZP1011)

First analysis:
    - T95Z only powers on, but does not power off when pressing LG TV "OK" again
    - In addition to "Power ON", the T95Z interpretes the LG TV "OK" button as DPAD_UP (arrow up)

Based on several previous posts, I started to analyze "/system/etc/Remote.conf", without any effect. Even deleting this file (and of course rebooting) did not change anything - the original remote is still working, as well as the erroneous power-on function via the LG TV "OK" button.

Next I recognized a file "/system/etc/remote-mouse.tab", which has a similar format. This file is obviously the file for the original remote control, as I could influence single keys by editing this file. However, I did not find out which key is causing the erroneous LG TV "OK" detection, so eventually I deleted the entire file. As expected, the original remote did not work at all after rebooting, but the LG TV "OK" button still did!!!

Now the big mystery:

1. When deleting both files "/system/etc/Remote.conf" and "/system/etc/remote-mouse.tab", the LG TV "OK" button is still recognized by the T95Z as DPAD_UP (when powered up) and as Power On (when powered down). So there must be at least one more path how IR commands are recognized. Which are the files for this path?

2. Is there again another path for IR commands when the T95Z is powered down? Which are the files responsible for this?
    Last edited by markust; 08-13-2017, 14:44.

Anybody here familiar with the IR software architecture of Amlogic?

Comment

Hm - nobody knows?

Or did I post this in the wrong forum?

Comment

Hi Markust,

Probably a late reaction, but did you ever solve this problem? I am experiencing the same problem. The T95Z plus powers on when pressing the OK button on my LG TV remote...

Comment

Unfortunately not. I did not get any response to the issue, nor did I find the right file to patch the Android system.Let me know if you find anything...

Comment

Is it CEC settings in the box?

Comment

No, CEC is disabled plus I have isolated the pin, because it still causes problems although disabled in the box.

It really reacts to the IR "OK" command for LG TVs... You may not recognise it when you have one of the higher end TVs with Bluetooth remote, but when you use a Logitech Harmony remote (like I do), then the T95Z always goes on when you press LGs "OK".
              I donĀ“t know in which part of the firmware it is, but as it wakes the box up from full power down, it must be part of maybe the bootloader or whatever? Therefore it may be the case that not all T95Z boxes are affected, and those who are, are not fixed by normal firmware updates. Would be good to get a better understanding in which part of the firmware this IR receiver is located to understand which part needs to be updated to get rid of this problem.

Comment

Working...
              X