Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read/Write to USB

I have looked I think in all the menuS?

When I'm in kodi the Ultimate box will read the USB drive no problem. If I attempt to download from Kodi it reports progess to the USB location but when I look for the files nothing. What am I missing??

Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by CanadianDreamer View Post
    I have looked I think in all the menuS?

When I'm in kodi the Ultimate box will read the USB drive no problem. If I attempt to download from Kodi it reports progess to the USB location but when I look for the files nothing. What am I missing??

Thanks for the help.
    I apologize if this is a bad question.... I have further read that this box only supports 64 gig on the USB drive. Is that why I cant write to my 128 gig drive?

Comment

Does Android recognise the USB stick?

How is it formatted (FAT32/NTFS/exFAT)?

Can you write files to it in whatever Android file manager that you use?

Have you tried formatting it within Android?
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
        Does Android recognise the USB stick?

How is it formatted (FAT32/NTFS/exFAT)?

Can you write files to it in whatever Android file manager that you use?

Have you tried formatting it within Android?
        Thanks for the response and I will check this out.
        The box does read from the drive.

Comment

Also enable the delete files option in Kodi and enabling the view of hidden files and folders might also be of use.
          R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
            Also enable the delete files option in Kodi and enabling the view of hidden files and folders might also be of use.
            I am running Kodi 17.3 and this ROM " http://freaktab.com/core/images/icons/icon6.png [ROM] Android TV (7.1.2) Beelink GT1 / Alfawise S92 (Multi 6255 & 9377 Standard + Ultimate)"

Thanks again......

Comment

Are you using the usb as internal storage? If you aren't you won't get kodi to write to it as it hasn't got the proper permissions to write to external storage

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1Jester View Post
                Are you using the usb as internal storage? If you aren't you won't get kodi to write to it as it hasn't got the proper permissions to write to external storage

I am not using the usb as internal storage.

On my Minix U1 using Kodi 17.3 I was able to write to the usb external storage..... How would you implement the usb for internal storage on this box?

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianDreamer

I am not using the usb as internal storage.

On my Minix U1 using Kodi 17.3 I was able to write to the usb external storage..... How would you implement the usb for internal storage on this box?
                  The option is in the settings somewhere, you format it to be used as internal and can transfer apps across, it doesn't take too long depending on the speed that your usb device can handle, I'm using a usb 3.0 500gb hdd and have it set as internal storage, it works fantastically

Comment

There's also a workaround for Android 5 and higher by making a folder structure on your external drive

A bit of help is available in the link above, placing a folder structure of Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/ on the root of the external should let you point kodi to save your backups and whatever else you wish to the usb without needing to set it as internal storage

Comment

Originally posted by 1Jester View Post
                      The option is in the settings somewhere, you format it to be used as internal and can transfer apps across, it doesn't take too long depending on the speed that your usb device can handle, I'm using a usb 3.0 500gb hdd and have it set as internal storage, it works fantastically

I will give this a try. Thanks for the responses. Greatly appreciated.

CD

Comment

Working...
                      X