YouTube TV App Fullscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YouTube TV App Fullscreen

Lately I've been watching a lot of YouTube and I use the official TV app on my Android box
    But I hate that I can`t hide the notification bar
    It's really annoying and I don't want to use the mobile app or the web browser, I like the TV app
    I have tried a lot apps for the immersive or fullscreen mode, but nothing seems to work, they all crash or disable if I hit the back hey on my remote
    I can`t find a solution or alternative
    I have a Dolamee D5 with Android 6.0.1

Any advice on what should I do?
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Hi Bllq21 ,

first you made a double Post , better to discuss only in one and delete the other .

Now your Problem , what do you want , only hiding the "NotificationBar" (upper one) ,

when you watch YT , or do you want to hide it for ever if not needed with Launcher ???

Is your Device rooted ??? If you want Version Nr.2 u can use ApexLauncher , you can make

Shortcuts on Screen and hide or show the NotificationBar .

I made a "build.prob" mod , now my NavBar is gone and NotificationBar with Apex if i need it .

please answer to get it right

greetings

gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
      Hi Bllq21 ,

first you made a double Post , better to discuss only in one and delete the other .

Now your Problem , what do you want , only hiding the "NotificationBar" (upper one) ,

when you watch YT , or do you want to hide it for ever if not needed with Launcher ???

Is your Device rooted ??? If you want Version Nr.2 u can use ApexLauncher , you can make

Shortcuts on Screen and hide or show the NotificationBar .

I made a "build.prob" mod , now my NavBar is gone and NotificationBar with Apex if i need it .

please answer to get it right

greetings

gefattern

Thanks for replying
      Sorry I don't know how or why two post were created

My divice it's rooted and I only want to hide the NotificationBar when I'm on YouTube
      I'm using a launcher that doesn't shows the notification when I'm on the home screen

Comment

Hi Bllq21 ,

only on YT , okay , and it shows NOT on Homescreen , but well in AppDrawer ??? , or if you open an App ???

is this correct ??? maybe a Bug . please answer .

gefattern

Comment

It shows on every app not in the Homescreen
          but on apps like Netflix it hides as soon as I open a movie
          on YT it always stay there it never hides

Comment

I have a D5 with custom firmware.

Later today I will fire it up and check to see if the notification bar can be hidden when using Youtube TV.
            R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
              I have a D5 with custom firmware.

Later today I will fire it up and check to see if the notification bar can be hidden when using Youtube TV.
              Thanks
              I used to have your custom firmware
              Maybe on that one it allows to be hidden

Comment

Hi to both ,

do u both have TWRP , what about the new Magisk and a maybe YT Modul , like it is with Xposed ???

Maybe ApexLauncher can do it ??? but in Pic. u can still see the Clock , so the Background Colour is

changed and the Noti.Bar is not fully hidden .

good luck

gefattern

Comment

I don't have TWRP
                  I'm on Official Android 6 firmware and using HALauncher and TVLauncher as my main launchers
                  I haven't tried Xposed or Magisk on a TV Box only on my cellphone
                  Thats a good option or a Build.prop mod that hides the NotificationBar

Comment

The custom firmware I am using shows the navigation bar but I installed this app from the Play Store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=in.omerjerk.fullscreenimmersive&hl=en

I can now watch Youtube TV without the navigation bar.

Edit: Just found a downside though and that it puts and annoying keyboard overlay icon on the screen.
                    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

I have tried several of this "Inmersive mode" apps
                      They all have an annoying floating icon OR they disable the keyboard and crash when you hit the BACK key on your remote
                      I have only used recent versions of the YouTube TV app
                      I'll try old ones maybe in those I can't watch without the NotificationBar showing all the time

Comment

Hi Bllq21 ,

use "build.prob" Tweak / qemu.hw.mainkeys=0 or 1 / 0=enable 1=disable , i use it on my UT4 with Mos latest

Rom and like subcribed with ApexLauncher (Shortcuts) for NavBar . Works really good .

have a nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Thanks @gefattern I don't want to use another launcher because I taught my parents how to use the box with those launcher and I want to keep it as simple as possible for them
                          I tried the build.prop tweak but it didn't help

I guess I'll have to leave it that way
                          it's just a minor annoyance

Comment

Looking for solutions about this
                            I found this app
                            All in one Gestures
                            that has an option to enable immersive mode
                            but for that it needs to have access to accessibility service

When I want to activate it, I noticed that it says "No Services Installed"
                            maybe with that app I can solve my problem

But now I found that other problem
                            Any advice?

Am I sidetracking too much from the original post?

​​​​​​​

Comment

Hi Bllq21 ,

please explain what you did , ever changed something in the "build.prob" ??? did you reboot after that ???

What about / sys.status.hidebar=true / do you have this string , change it to "false" this works too i thing ,

but never used .

If i understand you right you looking for Pie control or somthing else (without Navbar) ???

I am not sure but i think there is a CustomRom for your Device somewhere here , maybe this works better .

No Panic ask what ever you want .

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Working...
                              X