Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even More Brand Spankin' New MK908 Android 4.2.2 jjhmod v1.4 8/7/13

Hello again.

Here is my newest work with the most recent Tronsmart rom that has bluetooth keyboard support. It's got proper root now, init.d should be all good, and a few new ui changes. I'm running it currently and so far so good. In the package I have also included kernels that will get you over 17,300 in antutu. The default ones get around 15,300 or so. I have not updated the screenshot. These tests were done with the 720p kernel. I really like this rom now and think I may switch to it permanently until a newer decent stock one comes out for me to mod.

8/7/13 updated download to jjhmod.v1.4 version
    -new kernel. 800mhz ram clockings. Higher speed, same heat - shouldn't need any cooling mods with the stock kernel.
    -changed how USB OTG works. You may have to untick the "connect to pc" box one time and reboot but after that it'll take whatever it has plugged into it automatically.
    -added some kernel tweaks - support for a few random devices.
    -tweaked voltages for cpu and ram.

So anyways, the Updated Download Link MK908-android.4.2.2.jjhmod.v1.4

I would ditch all other versions of the jjhmod rom and move up to this one.

Here's a link to the kernels included with the v1.4 package if you would like to try them with other roms.

Kernel Download Link

and just for giggles, here are the faster kernels included in the above package.

Speedy Kernel Download Link (just changed default to no-op and ondemand)

As always my deepest appreciation to the crew here at Freaktab for all the support, snippets of code, and so on. Your work is apparent in my work.

Here are some screenshots!

These results are with the default 720p kernel.
    Last edited by hoabycsr; 08-07-2013, 21:09.
    If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

I just reflashed 1.2,What's different

change log? what is different for 1.2 to this one? I just put 1.2 on last night and it runs fine?

Comment

go to test now

Comment

Originally posted by jetski1963 View Post
        change log? what is different for 1.2 to this one? I just put 1.2 on last night and it runs fine?

Mostly it's a few changes to the system.img, as well as a change in boot.img to fix init.d.

Comment

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
          Mostly it's a few changes to the system.img, as well as a change in boot.img to fix init.d.
          Hoabycsr, those this ROM include the 500 and 600mhz overclocked kernel you mentioned in another thread?

keep up the great work

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            Hoabycsr, those this ROM include the 500 and 600mhz overclocked kernel you mentioned in another thread?

keep up the great work
            It's got the 600mhz kernels. Also those kernels use ondemand cpu governor giving you full access to cpu frequency.

Comment

How about the video jitter / stutter issues as in the RK908 and other RK3188 devices? It getting better with some other custom roms but I haven't found one with kernel yet that totally solves it. Is your version any better than others on HD video stutter/jitter?

thanks for the rom!!

Comment

Originally posted by jyams View Post
                How about the video jitter / stutter issues as in the RK908 and other RK3188 devices? It getting better with some other custom roms but I haven't found one with kernel yet that totally solves it. Is your version any better than others on HD video stutter/jitter?

thanks for the rom!!
                Well I can say for sure the vsync issue is solved, so at least it updates the hdmi output every frame. I can't say for sure how high a resolution/bitrate movie can be played without skipping, but that is a different issue... with mali/vpu drivers I imagine. I watch some fairly high quality content but am using the 720p kernel. I have no issues... other than netflix kinda still sucks with these 4.2.2 roms. It works but it's flakey.

Comment

It's got the 600mhz kernels. Also those kernels use ondemand cpu governor giving you full access to cpu frequency.
                  What is "on demand CPU governor" and how to use it?

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                    What is "on demand CPU governor" and how to use it?

thanks.
                    Android systems include different "governors" to decide how to increase and decrease cpu speed. Currently I prefer to use Interactive governor.. but Ondemand governor is the only one I can get the cpu up to 1600mhz with. You don't have to do anything to use it. It's already setup that way in my kernel.

Comment

Well I can say for sure the vsync issue is solved, so at least it updates the hdmi output every frame. I can't say for sure how high a resolution/bitrate movie can be played without skipping, but that is a different issue... with mali/vpu drivers I imagine. I watch some fairly high quality content but am using the 720p kernel. I have no issues... other than netflix kinda still sucks with these 4.2.2 roms. It works but it's flakey.
                      Thanks so much for your reply. I'm downloading now and will flash and try tonight. I'm only interested in the 720p kernel anyway for XBMC online content. I don't have any local content. Mostly older movies in the 60's genre, and then recent releases to DVD on Icefilms, etc. I suspect that your rom will perform very well. As you know the stock rom and Finless 1.5 had very noticeable stutter / jitter especially in HD 720p. I tried lewy20041's hybrid rom and at first, it was flawless and I thought it was the answer. But then, it began to really be choppy with 720p movies and I've been trying to find a solution since. If this v1.3 doesn't work, I guess I'll go back to the hybrid, but really hope your rom will be what I need. Thanks again.

Comment

Dont confuse the frame skipping issue that is fixed with general jitter and stutter which could be many other things like wifi connection, total bandwidth, etc. Most of us that tested to see if the frame skipping was fixed used local media on SD to make sure other things were not participating in the problem.
                        Also realize XBMC is not without it's own issues.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          Dont confuse the frame skipping issue that is fixed with general jitter and stutter which could be many other things like wifi connection, total bandwidth, etc. Most of us that tested to see if the frame skipping was fixed used local media on SD to make sure other things were not participating in the problem.
                          Also realize XBMC is not without it's own issues.

Bob
                          Roger that

Comment

I've been waiting for a "stable" good new release ever since the finless 1.5 came out somewhere back in june. I'm on the edge of upgrading my rom again to one of these new roms, guess this one is the best so far, but I would like to know some things first before I do so:

- If I put a 720p kernel on my MK908, will all my 1080p movies be downscaled to 720p or will the stick play them at native quality (hence just show the menu's in 720, the movies in 1080p).
                            - How well does it perform with Plex? Everyone is always talking about XBMC, but I just play movies within plex from my local network server. Anyone got more info about that?
                            - I've bought a usb hub/ lan connector for my MK908. Still the network speed is far from perfect in my current Finless 1.5. Is this just me picking the wrong hardware or a firmware limitation? All I wanted was to stop using the slow wifi interface, but now LAN also seems slow (maybe even slower). This is the hub I bought.
                            - Would you guys advise me to switch to this new rom or stick with the finless for a little longer and wait for SDK 2.0 (whenever that may come)? I read some other devices already have this SDK 2.0. Is that a guarantee we will al be able to really start enjoying our product the way it should have been working from day 1?

Lot of questions, sorry about that, just don't come here that often so I saved them up . Keep up the good work rom-creators! In case I decide to make the switch I will post my findings here too.

Comment

Originally posted by ConniePoepuh View Post
                              I've been waiting for a "stable" good new release ever since the finless 1.5 came out somewhere back in june. I'm on the edge of upgrading my rom again to one of these new roms, guess this one is the best so far, but I would like to know some things first before I do so:

- If I put a 720p kernel on my MK908, will all my 1080p movies be downscaled to 720p or will the stick play them at native quality (hence just show the menu's in 720, the movies in 1080p).
                              - How well does it perform with Plex? Everyone is always talking about XBMC, but I just play movies within plex from my local network server. Anyone got more info about that?
                              - I've bought a usb hub/ lan connector for my MK908. Still the network speed is far from perfect in my current Finless 1.5. Is this just me picking the wrong hardware or a firmware limitation? All I wanted was to stop using the slow wifi interface, but now LAN also seems slow (maybe even slower). This is the hub I bought.
                              - Would you guys advise me to switch to this new rom or stick with the finless for a little longer and wait for SDK 2.0 (whenever that may come)? I read some other devices already have this SDK 2.0. Is that a guarantee we will al be able to really start enjoying our product the way it should have been working from day 1?

Lot of questions, sorry about that, just don't come here that often so I saved them up . Keep up the good work rom-creators! In case I decide to make the switch I will post my findings here too.
                              It does not auto-switch resolutions, no. As far as the other things all I can say is flash and test. I flash new roms to my device at least twice a day it seems so really it's not a big deal. If you don't like it just flash back to finless. I know the factory reset can be a bitch though so backup things you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X