Android sticks made my brain explode!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android sticks made my brain explode!

True story. I have done so much research into the potential stick/box that I am going to buy to replace the pretty terrible Azurill S400 (Cozyswan S400) that my head has gone pop and now I am asking you kind folk for some help!

I am 95% certain I will buy a box instead of a stick as want to avoid overheating and the boxes I am looking at come with ethernet as well.

So my question to you is should I wait and buy the Minix Neo X7 when it comes back into stock or buy the K-R42?

The Minix has dual channel wifi but then I will be using ethernet most of the time anyway. It also has bluetooth but the only reason I'd use bluetooth is for the RC11 air mouse so I could just use one of the USB ports on the K-R42 with the RC11 dongle (right? or is bluetooth completely unsupported in the K-R42 firmware?).

The K-R42 is cheaper and people are already working on ROMs/kernels.

Which, in your opinion, will have better community support over the next year or so?

Any input/feedback on these devices would be most gratefully received!

Thanks,

empty

I would pretty much expect to _need_ to flash a customrom and do a bit of modding with any device below the $125.00 pricepoint
    current devices(rockchip sucks)
    Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
    Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
    rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Originally posted by emptybee View Post
      True story. I have done so much research into the potential stick/box that I am going to buy to replace the pretty terrible Azurill S400 (Cozyswan S400) that my head has gone pop and now I am asking you kind folk for some help!

I am 95% certain I will buy a box instead of a stick as want to avoid overheating and the boxes I am looking at come with ethernet as well.

So my question to you is should I wait and buy the Minix Neo X7 when it comes back into stock or buy the K-R42?

The Minix has dual channel wifi but then I will be using ethernet most of the time anyway. It also has bluetooth but the only reason I'd use bluetooth is for the RC11 air mouse so I could just use one of the USB ports on the K-R42 with the RC11 dongle (right? or is bluetooth completely unsupported in the K-R42 firmware?).

The K-R42 is cheaper and people are already working on ROMs/kernels.

Which, in your opinion, will have better community support over the next year or so?

Any input/feedback on these devices would be most gratefully received!

Thanks,

empty
      RC11 is not a bluetooth peripheral.
      2.4Ghz USB dongle interface only, & "should" work with any box / stick.

Comment

Working...
      X