Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H96 Pro TV Stick 2Gb Ram 8Gb ROM

Hi All, was hoping to get some help.

I purchased a H96 Pro TV Stick to use when I travel. I can say that I had no dramas setting it up, installing Kodi Builds, as well as APKs. Nice snappy, quick, responsive stick.

Now for the bad part. I was trying to get auto frame rate switching to work in Kodi as per this thread:

First I checked if the TV Stick was rooted and it was. Second, I managed to download and install the autoframefix.apk from the link above, went into Android settings > Apps > Auto Frame Fix scroll down to permissions and give the app storage permissions. Ran the app, hit "reboot" and the box rebooted. I however did not get the expected notification message and sound that the settings were applied after boot up. I went back to the instructions and saw that I am supposed to give the app SU privileges. I think this is were i probably screwed up. Downloaded and installed Super SU. Upon installation I got a notification message saying that I had to update some binary files. After the binary files updated, I rebooted the stick and now I'm stuck on the boot screen. I have access to the bootloader by using a paper clip on the reset button while i power on the stick. Tried to "Wipe Data/ factory reset", "Wipe Cache Partition", remounted system but it will always freeze at the boot screen. I am assuming the firmware got corrupted somehow. Tried to search the internet but cannot seem to find the factory image for this device. Attaching some pics for reference. Any hep would be much appreciated. Cheers!
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

I have the exact same problem. Installed Super SU, rebooted, can't get past the screen that says H96 Pro... I can only assume Super SU screwed it up. One thing though, I can't figure out where the reset button actually is, so I've been unable to try the things you've tried. Is it in the microscopic little hole up by the HDMI plug?

Comment

Working...
    X