Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QC802 - Wifi SUCKS -> Cause of all stuttering issue

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share my experience with my QC802 stick. For about 2 months, I have been tinkering and toying with it trying to make it stream videos over my home network smoothly. I tried all kinds of methods from different video players (MXplayer, archos, etc...) to even trying to use Splashtop to stream Video from a PC.

All attempts yielded similar results - very choppy and unstable video playback. I wrote this off as being the China made Rockchip 3188 processor.

I almost gave up on this stick and wanted to chuck it into the bin. But I thought I should try one last thing - disable the wifi and use a USB ethernet adapter.

Man what a world of a difference the ethernet connection makes. Now all network streaming works almost perfect (still slight frame rate drops but fairly stable). Streaming up to 720p is very watchable using MXPlayer and the Neon HW+ custom codecs. 1080p streaming still stutters so I guess I'll have to avoid that.

I still have one gripe with the device though - Hulu still crashes and refuses to play any videos !!! I wish someone will come up with a fix for Hulu soon - I know this problem is due to the Rockchip processor and it not supporting HDCP or something properly....

So to all android stick owners....I would suggest to always get a separate branded Wifi bridge and use a LAN adapter.

Hope this helps to make someone else's life a little less frustrating

the Rockchip 3188 is perfectly capable of decoding 1080P@60FPS
    its a matter of the kernel devs getting things rewritten for the new hardware
    a lot of the code is still Optimized for the older dual core single malicore vs the quad core dual mali on the 3188
    incidentally FFMPEG is exceedlly slow compared to stagefright
    and wifi is crap either way
    Last edited by Legitsu; 08-07-2013, 19:53.
    current devices(rockchip sucks)
    Hardkernel ODROID C1 running android kitkat
    Hardkernel ODROID XU3-L Running Linux/openelec (primary media server)
    rPi model B+ running nothing ... bricked

Comment

Working...
    X