Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My next android box based on amlogic

Hello guys.
    Im thinking about buying my next android box to replace my tronsmart aw80 (what a dissapopitment- gib specs, no support) as Im fed up with android 4

Im considering two boxes with similar specs but huge difference in price.

One of them in Minix u9-h which is much more expensive that the other one Im thinking about which is h96 pro+ which has much lower price and 1 gb of RAM more!!
    I have found picture of internals of Minx u9-h in some review. It looks like it use regular laptop RAM (2gb)
    Does it mean that it could be upgraded? It looks like u9-h has rregular ram socket. Can it be replaced with 4gb ram for example?

If noth then whats the point of ram socket on u9 motherboard? Where does that difference in price between thous two boxes come from?
    Thanks for any help.

I'm pretty sure that the RAM in the Minx u9-h cannot be upgraded.

I'm sure if you asked Minix they would say that the price differential would come down to their box using superior components, having dedicated support and perhaps other licenced features that may not come as standard with what is essentially a non name brand.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk
      I'm pretty sure that the RAM in the Minx u9-h cannot be upgraded.

I'm sure if you asked Minix they would say that the price differential would come down to their box using superior components, having dedicated support and perhaps other licenced features that may not come as standard with what is essentially a non name brand.

Ive found this picture in some article reviewing U9-h. It looks that ram can be taken off.. and looks like regular Ram socket that may be seen on laptops for example. If somebody could try replacing it with laptop ram? If it works im buying neg u9h straight away

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Comment

Very interesting.

Worth asking Minix themselves or post on their dedicated forum too.

http://www.minixforum.com/

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk
          Very interesting.

Worth asking Minix themselves or post on their dedicated forum too.

http://www.minixforum.com/
          It must be phisically possible. Just becouse its socket- its not soldered to the mainboard. The only problem may be in software. They could limit ram in kernel etc. And this is whem it comes to developers field...

Could somebody who owns it try relpacing ram for bigger one? That would be revolutionary if that would work.
          I think minx could plan to release some "premium" version of that box with extended ram after some time...
          Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited by energy_drink; 09-05-2017, 09:32.

Comment

Working...
          X