Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rant to Rockchip

Hi All

I see the same crap again and again. Rockchip needs to wake up. Manufactures need to wake up. Just look at the list of fixes from Super Celeron is a quick show of just how Crappy the Sdk from manufacture and Rockchip.
    its on every device. The latest 3399 could have been a game changer but even the codex is screwed from Rockchip. Linux support not as promiced lacking proper vpu/gpu support.
    Seems so sad that ZERO help is provided by Rockchip on the front. They can do it just like they have done for chrome book lines... Its possible if they release a PROPER SDK.

I have stopped buying rockchip devices for this reason. Pretty sad that not one 3399 device is working as promiced 4 months after launch.

Crap no excuse for it.

Come on Rockchip wake up..
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

I read a few articles about how they were supposed to be opening up their code more but I'm not surprised if they haven't and if the other rumours about them looking to get out of the TV box market were true and with no usual road map to be seen, then perhaps we have seen the end of Rockchip in this market, which is a shame because had they allowed the development to be done on the RK3288 all the way back in 2015, then they could have ruled this particular world but have consistently lessened their own market in this particular arena.

I've been telling people not buy Rockchip (or Allwinner) for months now and stick with AMLogic because in terms of value, they seem untouchable right now, despite the silly idea of the S905W.

RIP Rockchip, may you rust in peace
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-09-04-12-31-12.png
Views:	54
Size:	491.4 KB
ID:	668163 kinda says it all. Two months no commit and no responses re gpu or vpu.
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Amen to this, not a dev but as a consumer I'm really annoyed with Rockchip devices not having standard things like SD/USB updates and wonky video playback on anything outside of FTMC and RKMC. I have a Krypton build have have spent so many days actively maintaining that I can't even enjoy on my RK powered TV box because their doesn't exist a single Krypton fork that works properly on it. Due to hard work by Super Celeron (with no help from RockChip) FTMC runs like a dream but the annoyances of it being based on Jarvis are definitely present, especially in my situation where I'm forced to start a Jarvis based build from scratch when I have already have a Krypton build I worked so long and hard on. Never going with RockChip again...

Comment

Working...
        X