Just received and bricked h96 pro mini.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just received and bricked h96 pro mini.

What a day.... I have been flashing and playing my old box (tronsmart t428 use in car pioneer appradio as entertainment centre) while postman knocked my door with brand new h96 mini. I connected it straigh away and started to install all my apps I had on my old dongle.. Unfortunately I installed supersu and updated binaries. Afterbrebot my new shiny h96 stays on boot logo.
    I need to flash it with stock 7.1.2 rom, rooted as well as I need to install arunchained app to use with my radios touchscreen...
    Can anybody tell me which rom shoul i use? Thank you.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hi ,

you are not alone , other Users had same Problems with SuperSu , read PlayStore Comments ,

if it is really a S912 there are for sure Roms but is it DDR3 or DDR4 and what WifiChip ???

Is it a Box or a Dongle ??? greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi there. I have a problem with forcing device to boot or to send hdmi signal to my radio (pionner app radio).
      When i connect it to radio usb wire (for charging 5v 2.0 or even to my car charger 5v 2.4) id toes not start (red led is flshing as usuall but screen remains black) if I connect it to my tv at home it starts straight away. Power source is not the problem i think as another tv stick starts without problem connected to the same radio. May be some hdmi settings? Anyone? Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by energy_drink View Post
        Hi there. I have a problem with forcing device to boot or to send hdmi signal to my radio (pionner app radio).
        When i connect it to radio usb wire (for charging 5v 2.0 or even to my car charger 5v 2.4) id toes not start (red led is flshing as usuall but screen remains black) if I connect it to my tv at home it starts straight away. Power source is not the problem i think as another tv stick starts without problem connected to the same radio. May be some hdmi settings? Anyone? Thanks in advance

Hi energy_drink ,

How can you have HDMI Problems in your Car , if your Device is in a Bootloop because of a Bug with SuperSu ???

Strange , not even answer & fixed the first Topic but well making a second Topic with a second Problem ??? ,

please ask all Questions over your Box or Stick ??? here . nice Day / gefattern

Comment

Sorry mate. I was so excited of that device that i forgot to change topics. My ferst issue is solved now. Downloaded update file and flashed it. Works fine on tv now. But still dont know why it does not boot while connected in my car. Im still using my old tired tronsmart t428 in my car

Comment

Hi energy_drink ,

please try a Powersupply with 2500 or 3000 mah , did you take a better

HDMI Cable , what about changing Resolution , what Size has the Screen

in your Car ???

try to power up over the USB Port ??? ( blue) some Boxes support that .

hope you find a Solution / gefattern

Comment

Hi mate. Thanks for replay.
              I have appradio 3 with 7inch screen. Dont know res but will try to decrease it in box settings.
              I troed to power it from radio usb wire which is used to power my old box now (tronsmart t428) without any problem. I also connected it to usb charger in my lighter socket 2.4mah and no results so far.
              It seems like box didnt recognized that its connected to hdmi.
              I found some settings hdmi cec which I dont know what is it about. Maybe box need some signal from device its connected that....its connected ?

I also found some settings about color depth RGB/OGG and dolby vision. Have not idea what they change

After playin with different settings in screen menu no change at all... I think it may be some hdmi interface issue.. does anybody know if h96 boots without hdmi connected?
              Last edited by energy_drink; 09-05-2017, 17:23.

Comment

Hi energy_drink ,

Pictures will be nice to see , how u connect it .

Here how to change Res. on Nougat :

https://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to...ion-on-nougat/

maybe you have to change "dpi value" . good luck ,

gefattern

Comment

I tried both options mate, no result so far. Will try with other power sources ex stock mains adapter and will see if it boot or not.
                  I didnt suppose it will be so problematic to run it in car specially that i was using few android smartphones and two different android sticks so far

Comment

Heya,
                    Just throwing out a wild suggestion. If you were able to use (as a test) a HDMI switch/splitter, between radio/screen and android stick, would it change pass through signal?
                    Some splitters are HDMI 1.1? most now are 2.0+ compliant.
                    Not too different idea, using older first gen HDMI cable would send less data to radio/attached screen?

I'm learning from your efforts.
                    Reap

Comment

Thats good idea mate. I have it connected through hdmi cable as radio has female hdmi socket so i had to use hdmi cable +2x female converter between cable and stick.... Thanks mate. Good clue!

Comment

@ energy_drink ,
                        I agree with gefattern, pictures would not only be good but really cool. Hint to how much your parts cost?
                        Maybe do a project with family...their radio, China Box/Stick and my time which is really precious( I waste it on everything else).

Reap

Comment

I connected my h96 mini directly to the headunit without any hdmi wires/converters...didnt help Im wondering if thats a kernel problem or some software limitation. But my headunit is like regular tv.. id displays picture and sound through hdmi cable and transfers touchscreen signal through bluetooth to android device...cant understand why its not working at all

Comment

@ energy_drink,

If you have hit a wall, maybe flash to older firmware. Your kernel idea is plausible. Google's feature packed firmwares may also be designed to prevent some efforts buy users.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan
                              @ energy_drink,

If you have hit a wall, maybe flash to older firmware. Your kernel idea is plausible. Google's feature packed firmwares may also be designed to prevent some efforts buy users.
                              Any idea which one? Android 6?

Comment

Working...
                              X