CWM for Pipo Max M6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWM for Pipo Max M6

Here is a download link(bottom) to a fully working CWM for Pipo Max M6. I have tested this already. I used the Terminal Emulator as described in the installation procedure. I would assume that you could install it using the RKFlashTool that comes with Riley ROMs by copying the recovery.img file and overwriting the one with the ROM.

NOTE: I was not the one who uploaded the file. Just happened to get there while googling.

Credit goes to androtab.info.

Open the readme.txt and follow the instructions. Here are the commands that you should execute in the terminal emulator: press Enter after each line.

- su
    - cp /mnt/external_sd/flash_image /dev
    - chmod 755 /dev/flash_image
    - /dev/flash_image recovery /mnt/external_sd/recovery.img

Note: You might need to change external_sd to sdcard like i did if you copied the file to the root of the internal sdcard.

Enjoy!

Link: http://d-h.st/0yN

Tethering on phone with ad-hoc networks

Do you know if this CWM does include the possibility of the tablet to see a phone with ad-hoc network, like Nokia with Joikuspot? I have a Pipo M9 but it cannot see my phone's wifi when it is on tethering.

Comment

Originally posted by Wortelstok View Post
      Do you know if this CWM does include the possibility of the tablet to see a phone with ad-hoc network, like Nokia with Joikuspot? I have a Pipo M9 but it cannot see my phone's wifi when it is on tethering.
      Sorry, but CWM recovery is similar to stock recovery but with added options like backup and restore. Nothing to do with wifi or tethering.

Edit:

1.To Go to Recovery Mode: Press Vol+, Esc, and Pwr buttons all at the same time(start with Vol+, Esc, and Pwr). Release Vol+ when Linux logo appears. Use Vol+- to navigate and Pwr button to enter selection.

2. To Go to Flash Mode: Open RKBatchTool or RKAndroidTool or ROM_Flash_Tool_137 depending on which one you are going to use for flashing. Press Vol+ button first then Pwr button. Wait until drivers are loaded. At this time if drivers were loaded then the button on RKBatchTool would be green; ready to flash. On RKAndroidTool the status message becomes Found RKAndroid rock Loader usb. You can now proceed to flash your device. Otherwise, you may need to load the drivers.
      Last edited by freaksa; 08-23-2013, 04:37.

Comment

Thanks for this find, seems to have worked an absolute charm.

Flashed it and booted in to CWM recovery no problemos!

PiPo M6 Max 3G RileyROM 1.9
        Hyundai T7s SPCleanROM 4.04
        Asus Transformer Prime ChaOS 4.3.1
        Samsung SGSII SlimBean 4.3 Build 2.2

Comment

CWM for Pipo Max M6

Originally posted by freaksa View Post
          Here is a download link(bottom) to a fully working CWM for Pipo Max M6. I have tested this already. I used the Terminal Emulator as described in the installation procedure. I would assume that you could install it using the RKFlashTool that comes with Riley ROMs by copying the recovery.img file and overwriting the one with the ROM.

NOTE: I was not the one who uploaded the file. Just happened to get there while googling.

Credit goes to androtab.info.

Open the readme.txt and follow the instructions. Here are the commands that you should execute in the terminal emulator: press Enter after each line.

- su
          - chmod 755 /dev/flash_image
          - /dev/flash_image recovery /mnt/external_sd/recovery.img

Note: You might need to change external_sd to sdcard like i did if you copied the file to the root of the internal sdcard.

Enjoy!

Link: http://d-h.st/0yN
          I had tried it but not working,the terminal emulator keeps giving unknown result, when I initiate this command
          I also tried using cp/mtn/sdcard/flash_image/dev,but to know avail.
          please,kindly help should i needed to include something,or due to increase in your knowledge on this subject you have come across a better way to carrying out CMW recovery.My pipo m6 is rooted but still with the stock rom.
          thanks.

Comment

Done it today, works fine.

Comment

Working...
            X