• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panchovilla
    replied
    Originally posted by mcerk02 View Post

Where did you get your replacement?
    Grab one at ****. Less than $8 delivered.

Leave a comment:

• mcerk02
    replied
    Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

I killed my stock power supply two days ago. I had a small 30MM fan soldered to the hidden USB leads.
    Where did you get your replacement?

Leave a comment:

• panchovilla
    replied

I did consider this when I put the fan on but never got around to getting a larger power supply, haven't had a problem so far though, been running it like this for a few months now and I use it almost daily....
    I killed my stock power supply two days ago. I had a small 30MM fan soldered to the hidden USB leads.

Leave a comment:

• mcerk02
    replied

That is a big fan. That might drain the board and the power adapter. Get a more powerful adapter. At least 3A output. 4-5, even better.
    I did consider this when I put the fan on but never got around to getting a larger power supply, haven't had a problem so far though, been running it like this for a few months now and I use it almost daily....

Leave a comment:

• panchovilla
    replied
    This is my cooling fan mod, https://imgur.com/a/JmvjG
    That is a big fan. That might drain the board and the power adapter. Get a more powerful adapter. At least 3A output. 4-5, even better.

Leave a comment:

• mcerk02
    replied
    This is my cooling fan mod, https://imgur.com/a/JmvjG

Leave a comment:

• imaddiced2u
    replied
    Latest cooling mod. I tried a tiny fan first, worked fine but it spun at 3000rpm and emitted an annoying whine.
    This is made from packing foam with cutout sized to accept a 5V laptop cooling fan. The foam is stuck to the case with 2sided tape at each corner. The fan is just press fit in place. I'ts purposely left protruding to create a chamber underneath. When I push the fan all the way down temps increase a few degrees. The alfawise logo strip is removed and heat sink replaced with a larger one with 3M thermal transfer tape. This fan moves the same CFM of air as the smaller fan but spins slower so is nearly silent. It's powered from a USB port on my Home Theater System.
    Idle temp 28-30C, Watching HD video 34-37C
    I also changed the stock 2.5A power supply for a 4A model. It doesn't even get warm.
    Edit: I measured the current draw of the USB fan. It draws 0.08 amp (80 ma)
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.
    Last edited by imaddiced2u; 11-16-2017, 09:45.

Leave a comment:

• panchovilla
    replied
    Last edited by panchovilla; 11-16-2017, 01:58.

Leave a comment:

• chenrp
    replied

That looks nice. I don't think vent holes are enough though.
    no need for vets as my early mod is already good enough. my temps won't got above 65 degrees.

Leave a comment:

• panchovilla
    replied
    Originally posted by chenrp View Post
    here is a top case made with 3d printer

I added a bigger Heatsink to my H96 Pro+ Android mediaplayer. Unfortuanally the original Case do have no Airvent Holes at the Top so the SOC will step down when heating up. To get a better cooling of the components i decided to replace the Top lid with a custom printed one. Here is the .stl to share

That looks nice. I don't think vent holes are enough though.

Leave a comment:

• chenrp
    replied
    Originally posted by neutester View Post

I like it and would be interested to hear the end results after you have had a chance to test it out. How thick is the aluminum? Thanks for the reply!!
    Please see previous mod! It is the best!

Leave a comment:

• neutester
    replied

Yep. It is a logo replacement made out of aluminum and with thermal pad touching the modified heatsink
    I like it and would be interested to hear the end results after you have had a chance to test it out. How thick is the aluminum? Thanks for the reply!!

Leave a comment:

• chenrp
    replied
    Originally posted by neutester View Post

What is it??? An aluminum Heat sink????
    Yep. It is a logo replacement made out of aluminum and with thermal pad touching the modified heatsink

Leave a comment:

• neutester
    replied
    New mod maybe…
    What is it??? An aluminum Heat sink????

Leave a comment:

• chenrp
    replied
    New mod maybe…
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X