X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geekbuying.com - Buyer Beware iMito QX1

Hi There,

I'd like to share my experience buying an iMito QX1 from Geekbuying.com - not for the sake of flaming, but really to help fellow community members avoid lost money and unnecessary heartache.

I purchased the item in June - and have yet to see a refund for a defective product.

It took forever to arrive - and upon arrival was basically DOA. It worked very briefly, in which time I couldn't find sufficient information online to try and flash the new firmware to get it to work properly (the Geekbuying forum information is very minimal, to say the least, and the response rate is very slow), and upon pulling out to try and refresh and reconnect, it stopped working entirely. I connected it to numerous tvs and devices, to no avail - signal has been lost.

This is a known issue that many people have posted about - and Geekbuying.com have completely ignored. See these threads:
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...o-signal-to-tv
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...2-black-screen
    http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...reen-No-signal

After reaching out to Geekbuying and explaining everything - and everything we tried technically - they initially were willing (supposedly) to provide a refund or alternate device (we asked for a refund), and asked us to fill out forms that they never provided us with, and since then have been stalling, evading, and unhelpful.

Below is the chat I had with their operator today, where they once again have evaded and chosen to be unhelpful:

Please wait for a site operator to respond...
    If you do not want to wait, please click here to leave us a message.
    Operator Moni has joined the chat.

10:31:43 AM
    Hello
    10:32:28 AM
    Any one there?
    10:34:02 AM
    Moni?
    Moni10:35:08 AM
    yes
    10:35:08 AM
    here
    10:35:39 AM
    What can I do for you?
    tzvika10:38:29 AM
    its about a product I purchased from you
    10:38:44 AM
    order#3056416
    10:39:55 AM
    The item received was defective - and we've been in back and forth with your customer service (or lack thereof) for some time now - and we would like this resolved immediately
    10:39:59 AM
    we want a refund
    10:42:55 AM
    please
    Moni10:46:32 AM
    ok
    10:46:33 AM
    ok
    10:46:51 AM
    how do you want to solve it?
    tzvika10:47:42 AM
    I want you to give me all the details on how and where to send it back and when I will see my refund
    10:57:50 AM
    Why are you not answering?!
    10:58:10 AM
    I cant spend my whole day here and you never reply to emails. This is the worst customer service ever.
    10:58:51 AM
    Listen we have done everything we have been told and the item doesn't work.
    10:59:00 AM
    I will be sure to post about this in all of the forums that I've been a member of
    10:59:17 AM
    XDA, Android Central, Phandroid, Modaco and more
    Moni10:59:22 AM
    i will reply you later by email
    tzvika10:59:22 AM
    this is unacceptable
    11:00:07 AM
    This is what you said the last time a month ago!!!! and the item is still not working and I got no refund.
    11:00:18 AM
    I want to know now what you will do
    11:00:40 AM
    last email I sent you was a week ago and you still did not reply!!!
    11:00:54 AM
    why do you think I believe you when you say you will reply by email??
    11:01:25 AM
    I just want to send it back, get my money back and forget about this whole thing.
    Operator Moni has left the chat.
    The chat is ended.

I am sharing my experience, in order to ensure others don't go through the same, and to share my experience purchasing the iMito QX1 - which on paper is supposed to be an awesome device, but falls short in execution.

Good luck.

First, Geekbuying does not ignore the posts, they keep an eye on the forums, just like we do. The problem is, all of the mini-pc's have one bug or another, usually a few, and it takes 3 or 4, sometimes more, updates to get the bugs ironed out. This is not Geekbuying's fault. They keep in touch with the manufacturer, and when firmware is released to them, they pass it on to us. They are the go-between, between us, and the manufacturer.

As far as your experience with tech support, yes, it can be problematic, but I have found, if you go to their Facebook page, and leave a message (not a post on the page, an actual private message with your email address, and order number included), and include in the message that you have sent an email to tech support, you will get a response much faster. I had a problem with a stick, and it took a while for the whole process to happen, but in the end, I had a much better item, (I exchanged a MK802IV for the QX1, actually). It took almost 2 weeks for the stick I sent back to arrive at their location, but it only took 3 days after that, before the replacement was shipped to me. It actually spent more time in customs, here in the states, than it took to get to the US itself. I encourage patience with Geekbuying, there is a language barrier, in some instances, and that in itself can cause a problem.

I'm hoping that my experience above, can give you hope, as Geekbuying's prices can't be beat, and once you have the tech support issues ironed out, you will realize that Geekbuying is actually a pretty good company to deal with. Good luck!

PS, I am providing a link to the form you are looking for.

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Please understand, if you have not received prior approval for the return, you will probably be denied the refund, and will have to pay any shipping to have the item returned to you. I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by randymorristx View Post
      First, Geekbuying does not ignore the posts, they keep an eye on the forums, just like we do. The problem is, all of the mini-pc's have one bug or another, usually a few, and it takes 3 or 4, sometimes more, updates to get the bugs ironed out. This is not Geekbuying's fault. They keep in touch with the manufacturer, and when firmware is released to them, they pass it on to us. They are the go-between, between us, and the manufacturer.

As far as your experience with tech support, yes, it can be problematic, but I have found, if you go to their Facebook page, and leave a message (not a post on the page, an actual private message with your email address, and order number included), and include in the message that you have sent an email to tech support, you will get a response much faster. I had a problem with a stick, and it took a while for the whole process to happen, but in the end, I had a much better item, (I exchanged a MK802IV for the QX1, actually). It took almost 2 weeks for the stick I sent back to arrive at their location, but it only took 3 days after that, before the replacement was shipped to me. It actually spent more time in customs, here in the states, than it took to get to the US itself. I encourage patience with Geekbuying, there is a language barrier, in some instances, and that in itself can cause a problem.

I'm hoping that my experience above, can give you hope, as Geekbuying's prices can't be beat, and once you have the tech support issues ironed out, you will realize that Geekbuying is actually a pretty good company to deal with. Good luck!

PS, I am providing a link to the form you are looking for.

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Please understand, if you have not received prior approval for the return, you will probably be denied the refund, and will have to pay any shipping to have the item returned to you. I hope this helps.
      Thanks for the help. How do I get them to "approve the return" if they don't reply to emails, and leave chats in the middle?

In addition, as I said, it's kind of hard to "fix bugs" if the device doesn't even turn on - and believe me, I know how to flash Android ROMs and kernels as needed.

Feel free to share your specific experience getting the QX1 to work - I've tried everything that I can find online at this point (which isn't much). Seeing, as I don't expect to receive an exchange or refund, I guess I will try to get my stick to work somehow, so I'd love to hear how you got yours to work, and the guides/sources you found helpful.

Thanks!

Comment

4 questions,

1. Have you tried another power supply, preferably one at 2 Amps?
        2. Is the blue power light coming on at all?
        3. Have you tried pushing the reset switch in with a paperclip while plugging in the power source?
        4. If you do have power, have you tried flashing with the latest Rockchip Batch Tool (1.7, I believe)?

I'll try to help a.s.a.p.

Comment

Blue power light

Originally posted by randymorristx View Post
          4 questions,

1. Have you tried another power supply, preferably one at 2 Amps?
          2. Is the blue power light coming on at all?
          3. Have you tried pushing the reset switch in with a paperclip while plugging in the power source?
          4. If you do have power, have you tried flashing with the latest Rockchip Batch Tool (1.7, I believe)?

I'll try to help a.s.a.p.
          I keep hearing people refer to "blue" power light. My T428 has a red power light. I think mine was one of the first devices, did they change anything hardware wise, other than the power light.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Some have different wifi chips as far as I know.

Comment

sharlz

Shar, check your pm...

Comment

Hi OP:

I am so sorry to hear your problem, and i have been transfered to the manager,and we will try to fix the problem for you.

Please stop posting everywhere for this problems, we are not that site who just taken customer money, but don't offer customer service, i understand you are upset for the problem you are met, but trust me, we will take care of you.

Any future questions,please send me the private message.

Eric
                Looking for developers
                http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Working...
                X