Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James R
    replied
    I have the M8S PRO L, just got it and haven't been able to see anything yet. Seller wants pictures of problem instead offering a solution or my $ back.

Problem: I turn on the unit and get the MECOOL logo and then the screen goes black. I have changed HDMI cables, the ports I am using on the TV and the A/v system. I even tried another TV, this one told me that the box resolution setting was not usable. (TV 1 and associated components 4K non HDR - TV 2 1080). If is just the resolution setting TV 1 should be able to handle whatever the box is set at. With no reset on this box I guess I will need to do something with the firmware.

How do I get into recovery mode on this box? If I can see the LOGO at the start I should be able to see a recovery screen as well.

UPDATE: Now I do not even get the MECOOL logo. I can't even tell if the unit is turned on mow. The blue light is on any time the power adapter is connected and plugged in. But the TV shows no signal so maybe it isn't even powering up any longer. I think I will email GearBest again and see if I can get some support.
    Last edited by James R; 11-09-2018, 04:30.

Leave a comment:

• tomeksup
    replied
    How to connect to device to upload firmware ?

Leave a comment:

• Ewald Bayer
    replied
    Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Elkhan Gaybalizada
    replied
    Originally posted by JulioThosi View Post

Links to the LB Image files on here:
    1. M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.143701.V0213.IMG -
    http://freaktab.org/a28c3f52268572bb
    2. M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.IMG -
    http://freaktab.org/8e1ecd22568550f2

**Posted first by Wanderer190, 05-18-18 in http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...e-screen/page2
    Thank you very much man

Leave a comment:

• JulioThosi
    replied
    Originally posted by Elkhan Gaybalizada View Post

Hi, I have also the same Box with LB. Could you please share the link to the correct ROM? I have also the same problem. Thanks
    Links to the LB Image files on here:
    1. M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.143701.V0213.IMG -
    http://freaktab.org/a28c3f52268572bb
    2. M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180417.150752.V0213.IMG -
    http://freaktab.org/8e1ecd22568550f2

**Posted first by Wanderer190, 05-18-18 in http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...e-screen/page2

Leave a comment:

• Elkhan Gaybalizada
    replied

you are right. My box is the LB version. I'm installed the correct firmware and all works fine. Tks man!
    Hi, I have also the same Box with LB. Could you please share the link to the correct ROM? I have also the same problem. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• playertwo
    replied
    Originally posted by Nedriem View Post
    Hi, im new user on this forum but i tried to read about my problem and not found a clear solution.
    I had recive my m8s pro l (version LB with no BT remote), he has installed non-ATV firmware(7.1.2 NHG47L-20180806.095310.V0213) and i will like try to install an ATV version. The problem i found reading its that i cant install custom firmware because i will lost wifi and bt and im not sure if i can install version of LB with BT because i dont know if its supported. Can someome says if exists any firmware from my M8S Pro L or i must stay whit this non-ATVRom?
    Thx in advance.
    PD:We (LB users) need a custom rom to left this problems ago.
    PD:Sorry for my bad English.

Interesting, it means LB (normal remote) version has new firmware finally ? There is not custom rom for LB (normal remote) version yet. So stay with this rom only.

Leave a comment:

• Nedriem
    replied
    Hi, im new user on this forum but i tried to read about my problem and not found a clear solution.
    I had recive my m8s pro l (version LB with no BT remote), he has installed non-ATV firmware(7.1.2 NHG47L-20180806.095310.V0213) and i will like try to install an ATV version. The problem i found reading its that i cant install custom firmware because i will lost wifi and bt and im not sure if i can install version of LB with BT because i dont know if its supported. Can someome says if exists any firmware from my M8S Pro L or i must stay whit this non-ATVRom?
    Thx in advance.
    PD:We (LB users) need a custom rom to left this problems ago.
    PD:Sorry for my bad English.
    Last edited by Nedriem; 10-24-2018, 23:45. Reason: .....

Leave a comment:

• Spadge47
    replied

you are right. My box is the LB version. I'm installed the correct firmware and all works fine. Tks man!
    Where did you find firmware for lb version?

Leave a comment:

• JulioThosi
    replied
    Originally posted by bayard0 View Post
    you installed the wrong firmware for your box.

you need to see bottom stick it should say LS/LQ/LB on it
    this will help us determine what version of the box you have.

Leave a comment:

• bayard0
    replied
    Please, I need some help!
    I'm install the SD Firmware 11-17 and after this the wifi and the bluetooth doesn't work. My box is Mecool m8s pro L.

thanks
    you installed the wrong firmware for your box.

you need to see bottom stick it should say LS/LQ/LB on it
    this will help us determine what version of the box you have.

Leave a comment:

• turtlegsr
    replied
    Originally posted by tomeksup View Post
    I have m8 s pro L. How do you get this update ?
    Using upgrade function directly from my M8S PRO L.
    found an upgrade and i upgrade ...unfortunatly...
    maybe this stop Microsoft DRM support that is necessary for Amazon video HD....

Leave a comment:

• JulioThosi
    replied
    Please, I need some help!
    I'm install the SD Firmware 11-17 and after this the wifi and the bluetooth doesn't work. My box is Mecool m8s pro L.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• tomeksup
    replied
    I have m8 s pro L. How do you get this update ?

Leave a comment:

• turtlegsr
    replied
    Hi Guys,
    i upgrade now to an OTA update for my Mecool M(S PRO L - LB version , now my firmware is:

20180803.173707.V0213 - Android 7.1.2 - NGH47L

I check DRM with DRM Info and lost Microsoft DRM support, is this important?

with oginal firmware

20180417.150752.V0213 Microsoft DRM was supported!!!

thanks
    Marco

Leave a comment:

Working...
X