Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to dump complete AML firmware image incl partition/format information?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to dump complete AML firmware image incl partition/format information?

Hi, I've seen tools to dump specific portions of an image but I want to be able to create a full flashable IMG including the partition formatting etc. basically a 100% complete stock/factory image.

Not just ripping the individual partitions system.img, boot.img recovery.img etc etc.

Anyone have any tips ? Thanks.

Bump up.. I have two models of the same box, one has corrupted firmware. There are no available factory roms online, checked everywhere, no reference design roms flash either (have tried tons of different brands' P212-based ROMs), none will flash.

So, I need to be able to dump the firmware from the working P212-S905X based box (M95), to make a working factory IMG to flash to get its non working brother working. So I need the individual IMGs as well as the proper files to enable partitioning/formatting etc. So, a full factory image.

The bad box:

-will not boot to recovery and cannot force flash TWRP from SDcard, does not work, will not read SDcard. Works on my other AML boxes but not this one. Will show boot logo and hang and that's it. Cannot pull up bootloader or recovery menus.

-Will connect over USB OTG fine for USB flashing / recovery purposes.

Any info on dumping to a complete factory image appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Try a TWRP Image, bootable from an SD card, where you can backup the whole of one box and use again to restore to the other.
      R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
        Try a TWRP Image, bootable from an SD card, where you can backup the whole of one box and use again to restore to the other.
        Thanks but as mentioned, corrupted box will not boot from SD card to either TWRP or original recovery.

So, I need to be able to dump and create a factory rom from the working box, to be able to flash it from AML USB Burning Tool.

Also, Anyone know how to create the DTB file?
        ​​​​​​
        ​​​

Comment

Working...
        X