Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re install Android on UG802 running Linux ( picuntu )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re install Android on UG802 running Linux ( picuntu )

Hi,

I'm in a pickle and wondering if you can help.

I have a UG802 (RK3066) mini pc...successfully loaded finless bob rom 1.8.
    Then tried to install picuntu - but boot rebootloader was not giving me the linux screens.

Middle of the night madness, i ran finless bobs tool again and instead of choosing finless as recovery.img, i replaced picuntu recovery.img directly in the tool and flashed.

Net result, I now have a working installation of picuntu and everything works fine
    ...but i have no way to access/load android alongside???

Plugging in my device in windows and running the finless bobs flashtool fails to RECOGNISE my rk3066 (presumably as its running linux and not connecting to windows via usb)

so question is - is there a way to add 'connect as usb storage' option (that we get in android settings) to my picuntu configuration (so when i connect the device to windows it gets recognised). ???

I thought i will give the linux instructions a go(http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/4121...-adb-on-linux/)
    but its turning out more tricky than i thought it would be...any shortcuts would be appreciated.

Finally sorted it out last night by opening my ug802 and shorting the 2 pins and booting it at the same time with bob's flash tool running - it recognised the devie and i could reflash back to android.
    youtube has a video on shorting the pins next to the nand chip

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
    X