Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MK908 Looping when flashing with HFW 1.1.2 or jjhmod v1.4 - what am I doing wrong.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK908 Looping when flashing with HFW 1.1.2 or jjhmod v1.4 - what am I doing wrong.

Hi All!

I've purchased a Tronsmart MK908 from in4dealz which took forever to arrive and now I'm kinda disappointed with the device, I've tried a few avi file's with the players that come with in the unit and none play, attempting to use XBMC it just crashes and netflix is jerky as hell. It has the latest firmware installed and it looks tested before it was shipped as it did not have the android tutorial when I booted - anyway.

I'm hoping that these problems with be resolved with some firmware updating from various talented people, attempted to flash the unit with HFW 1.1.2 and JJHmod 1.4 but the unit fails to load, I have to download the offical firmware off their website and then click the restore and then the unit loads once again..

Basically I follow the procedures of enabling 'Connect to PC' ensuring that disable USB debugging, installing the USB driver in my Windows 7 x64 setup and the flashing tool see's the device in all various flash tools and even reports a succesful flash,

Basiclly with the HFW 1.1.2 Flash I get the Google TV Logo come up as soon as the device powers, I wait and then it looks like the device resets as the screen goes off and then the same logo appears, I left this screen for a good 15mins.

With the JJhmod 1.4 I get the exact same problem but this time its a Tronsmart logo that repeats itself over and over, I've tried clearning the nand etc and I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, I'm fairly knownledgable when it comes to idenifing software issues vs hardware issues and I'm sure if it was a hardware issue then the stock firmware would have issues.

So what step am I missing here? Why is only the stock firmware working... Do I need to do anything to the unit before I can use custom roms?

ALL I WANT IS NETFLIX TO WORK AND ME MOVIES ;(

Thanks in advance

New hardware ?

Hi !

If you received it recently, try this one...

It seems that olders ROMs can't run since last hardware modifications

Good luck

Comment

This is a repack I did of the above rom that fixes video skippage.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6380-NEW-MK908-Universal-Custom-rom-based-on-the-8-2-13-tronsmart-update

edit: woops didn't realize VSOP linked to same thread.
      Last edited by hoabycsr; 08-12-2013, 20:33.
      If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

Comment

Originally posted by VSOP View Post
        Hi !

If you received it recently, try this one...

It seems that olders ROMs can't run since last hardware modifications

Good luck
        Thanks for your feedback, sadly I don't think USB is the problem since the device is found and even flashes using numorous flashers and all report back with green text with a success.

Comment

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
          This is a repack I did of the above rom that fixes video skippage.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...onsmart-update

Gonna test now...

Comment

Originally posted by hoabycsr View Post
            edit: woops didn't realize VSOP linked to same thread.
            Doesn't matter : because of my poor english, he thought i 've wrote about USB issues... and he followed the link you gave !

Comment

Originally posted by VSOP View Post
              Doesn't matter : because of my poor english, he thought i 've wrote about USB issues... and he followed the link you gave !

You don't have poor english.
              If my work benefits you and you want to help out the cause, feel free to

http://www.hoaby.com/android/donate.gif

Comment

Working...
              X