Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wechip V5 TV Box - Amlogic S905X 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM Android 6.0 2.4GHz + 5GHz WiFi Bluetooth 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wechip V5 TV Box - Amlogic S905X 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM Android 6.0 2.4GHz + 5GHz WiFi Bluetooth 4.0

Click image for larger version  Name:	wc1.png Views:	1 Size:	172.1 KB ID:	677147

● Android 6.0 improves user experience compared with other versions of TV boxes. People can install or uninstall software, games and application programs easily.
    ● Support mouse and keyboard via USB. Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle.
    ● Support both H.265 and VP9 decoding, which is the absolute mainstream decoding formats in the global.
    ● 2.4G + 5.8G offer a more stable signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience.
    ● Support 5.1 surround sound output, capture your ears with actual listening feelings.
    ● HDMI 2.0 is a faster way to send video and audio output to your TV.

Gearbest
    Last edited by trebor; 10-26-2017, 09:16.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Today can have a look at the Wechip V5 TV Box - Amlogic S905X 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM Android 6.0 2.4GHz + 5GHz WiFi Bluetooth 4.0

Amlogic S905X, with 2/16GB Ram
    Android 6.0 improves user experience compared with other versions of TV boxes. People can install or uninstall software, games and application programs easily.
    Support mouse and keyboard via USB. Support 2.4GHz wireless mouse and keyboard via 2.4GHz USB dongle.
    2.4G + 5.8G offer a more stable signal for you to enjoy higher quality video experience.
    Support 5.1 surround sound output, capture your ears with actual listening feelings.
    HDMI 2.0 is a faster way to send video and audio output to your TV.

Simple Plain Box

What's in the box

Underside

Front then Ports

TopView

Underneath PCB

View or parts top side

Top, Base and Wifi Antenna,

Light Show

More on this Later
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Well more of the same with this Rom at Present.
      Google Problems, is about all we have, and weather not connecting,

Just annoying things that don't make the OBE enjoyable but as we know it happens...
      Running Android 6 this time, Root and Taskbars etc....

Found another Rom on there website about to flash to see if it helps as it has no indication to the date of the .img file, I am going to guess its the same at the present.

Flashed Rom even older than what was installed way back December 2016...and same google issues....
      Next we tried a Different Launcher to see if that will do good or bad
      Well it did Good most seems to be working OK.

Only thing we have lost is Control of the LED on the Box it stays Blue and can't be switched off or cycle colours but i can live with that..
      Some apps not running in Full landscape, build prop fix for that. Enter on Keyboard end the generic.kl
      a few minor fixes and all seems in order...

Testing to come...
      Last edited by trebor; 10-28-2017, 20:47.
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Moving along with a bit of Normality
        Temps looking OK, in the Zone.

UI launcher Piece of Junk caused more problems than anything this launcher.

System Info think it was on qb005 before I flashed.

Ram and Storage Truth

DRM Info

Antutu

CPU-Z

GeekBench CPU

Benchmark results for an Amlogic V5 with an ARM Amlogic processor.

Geekbench COMPUTE

Monitoring

WiFi Ok

A1 SD-Bench.

Boxes working ok, hardware appears same.
        Just needs to get their software sorted and it may be a better unit.

Thanks Gearbest
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Ok after testing a lot of 905x firmware looks like there a few nice options for this Donkey device and works well. I'll pull the remote file outa stock then post the working ones.

Super Celeron

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...atv-android-tv

Magendanz

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ano-nexus-roms

2 start off those both work everything work even power on button because it's hardwired.

only bricked the donkey once lol.... Have 7 also working but still checking I'll keep posting as they work. That's a start anyways...

unpacking Rom for remote I'll post that once done. Everything works just didn't check sd card as none where I am am.

WECHIP SEND FREAKTAB DEV TEAM A XMASS PRESENT THEY SAVED YOUR DONKEY DEVICE....
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

replace remote config with this one in system /ect now device no longer donkey it back to race horse style.

donate to freaktab or devs if it makes your box work.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

So after week of testing looks like lots work on it best is both first two I posted. It actually Runs faster then the box designed for it. Stock firmware is useless.

Comment

Working...
              X