Restarting H96 Pro +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restarting H96 Pro +

I received the Alfawise H96 Pro+ 3/32gb from Gearbest 2 days ago. When I restart the box, it will power down I have to manually power it back up. Any member here has the same problem and has a solution.

One suspect is the charging cable. try to plug in a different one with the same voltage and see if it still shuts down.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBriar56 View Post
      One suspect is the charging cable. try to plug in a different one with the same voltage and see if it still shuts down.
      Shutting down is fine, the box will not restart, I have to push the power button on the remote to turn it back on.
      Last edited by dragon138; 10-16-2017, 21:03.

Comment

The same thing happened to me.
        I installed "terminal emulator" and when I need to turn it off I type "reboot" + ENTER
        You can turn it on with the remote.

Regards!

Comment

Same problem in my box. Flashed 1010 and 0908 firmware. Same results. It is very annoying.

Comment

Esas cajas deben de ponerse el fw https://mega.nz/#F!8qhRRaYJ!2ZA3VLjv...TF27g!Bqo1FDoQ ya que es un fw especial para cajas con chip diferente a los demas .
            si quieren poner otro fw deben de saber que no se van a reiniciar y que si lo quieren apagar tienen que poner en las opciones reiniciar en ved de apagar porque de lo contrario cuando se apague os saldra una luz rojo y no lo podreis encender solo sera desenchufandolo de red electrica

Comment

You can try this one too. Rom provided by gearbest.

Comment

Originally posted by Oops View Post

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxr...kwNFRweW8/view
                es el mismo fw que e puesto yo aqui , necesita un cable usb macho en las dos puntas y donde enchufarlo a la red electrica , yo uso uno de movil que tiene entrada usb y con el transformador va genial , pero sin eso no va ...

Comment

Originally posted by Oops View Post

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxr...kwNFRweW8/view
                  I download the firmware, unzip, after unzip there is a .rar file. I have USB burning tool 2.08 installed, it only allow .img file to load. Please advice how to install.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon138 View Post

I download the firmware, unzip, after unzip there is a .rar file. I have USB burning tool 2.08 installed, it only allow .img file to load. Please advice how to install.
                    Uzip the rar file again using 7zip, the img file is inside.

Comment

Firmware installed, everything works like before I change the firmware.

Comment

The remote has stopped working and that was the only way to power on. My airmouse will only power the unit OFF! I did try to programme the air mouse with the IR signal of the H96 remote's power button before it died but it didn't seem to store it. Is there an alternative remote?

The box also turns off when I switch inputs on my AV amp so I have to unplug the box to restart. Hopefully turning HDMI control on the amp off will stop this so I can just leave the box on permanently. Not ideal but as I need to amp to automatically switch my TV inputs but what are the alternatives? Programming the airmouse to turn the box on would be perfect.

Comment

@johnfirewall,
                          To prevent box from going to sleep mode(red light) or powering off(?), disable CEC in Android settings.
                          Your power on by remote/ off by air mouse is common with updated firmwares.
                          There might be a TWRP fix/flash on these forums or maybe 4PDA(?). I might be mistaken...been a while. ​​​​​​​

Comment

That's already off, so I also turned off the HDMI Control setting on my amp, but yes in theory it should not accept that message from the amp if that setting is turned off.

I would quite like to upgrade the FW as I get occasional WiFi issues too among other things but doesn't sound like updates fix anything going by posts in here and I've only ever done OTA updates on my devices in the last few years.

For one of the more expensive boxes this is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                              @johnfirewall,
                              To prevent box from going to sleep mode(red light) or powering off(?), disable CEC in Android settings.
                              Your power on by remote/ off by air mouse is common with updated firmwares.
                              There might be a TWRP fix/flash on these forums or maybe 4PDA(?). I might be mistaken...been a while. ​​​​​​​
                              Also, yes it's the sleep mode but sadly only wakes with the on button on the box's own broken remote

Comment

Working...
                              X