Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanix TX3 Mini VS. MECOOL M8S Pro+

Hello,

I'm trying to decide between these two TV boxes, but can't quite make up my mind. I've read through this forum a bit, but can't really find a decisive answer. The specs on the boxes are very similar with the MECOOL M8S Pro+ having a CPU advantage, but the software side and the discussion in the forums leaves me unsure.

Specs:

Tanix TX3 Mini =/= MECOOL M8S Pro+
    SoC: Amlogic S905W =/= Amlogic S905X
    CPU: 4 x A53 @ 1.2GHz =/= 4 x A53 @ 1.5GHz
    GPU: Mali-450 MP5 =/= Mali-450 MP5
    RAM: 2GB DDR3
    eMMC: 16GB

The MECOOL M8S Pro+ also has Bluetooth and it is reported to support 4K@60Hz, but that's not really a big deal to me. I really just want something that is reasonably stable and can output Netflix, Youtube, and other video content at 1280x720 or higher. I'm sure I'll run some games on it too, but just some old emulators. NES, SNES, PSX and the like. Nothing that is really performance demanding.

It looks like there is some custom firmware floating around for both also. I'd prefer to just stick to factory ROMs, but I'm not opposed to flashing a custom ROM if it is required to enable what I want the box to do and isn't that complicated. I've flashed custom ROMs on some smartphones and tablets before, and even helped develop custom firmware for a tablet before, but I don't really have a whole lot of time to spend on it either. So I much more prefer something I can just setup and not have to worry or think about anymore.

Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

The Mecool does not have Bluetooth, but does support Netflix in 1080p. I doubt if the Tanix will support Netflix in HD.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Oops, thought it had Bluetooth. Not a real concern though.

But the Mecool you think will support Netflix at 1080p but the Tanix won't? If that's so I will amend my order. I don't think it is too late. Ordered the Tanix two days ago from Gearbest, but I've been questioning the decision.

Comment

most S905W boxes support Netflix 480P.

Comment

Working...
        X