Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for some help with MyGica ATV500x boxes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for some help with MyGica ATV500x boxes....

Link to MyGica Wiki

Hi, I have a bunch of these outdated Linux boxes from MyGica.

AML8726M V1.31 (NANOMINI)

CPU: ARM Cortex A9
    Frequency: 800MHZ
    RAM: DDR3-512MB
    Storage: NAND 2GB External NTFS HDD Compatible
    Resolution: 1280*720 Built in 802.11 b/g/n WiFi

Basically all support or development has been stopped on compatible firmware (from what I could find). I believe TofuLinux build for Kodi 16.1 was the final and really I have been having a ton of issues lately keeping the builds working on these boxes. What i would like to do is either install a minimal version of Linux or see if there is possibly a way to install kitkat or Jelly Bean so I could at least use a 16.1 fork. If anyone could help me resurrect these boxes in anyway, it would be greatly appreciated. I know its easier to toss em and move on, lol, but its been a challenge and Id like to see it through. I have posted a few pics if it helps. Thanks and looking forward to all responses!

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Kernel 1.3 ??
    Is this AML8726M3 ? With what WiFi chip ?

I think you are out of luck...as my kimdecent stick ( that still runs ) never made past Android 4.0
    *its still a great youtube player...without ads

here are still some firmwares to be found

Comment

trying several links and nobody seems to have the downloads anymore.
      Its an AML8726M1

Comment

Kernel: V1.3.0-95-ge07296f-di

Comment

Ok, so far the only firmware I have now been able to find and actually work is a PIVO ICS that can be accessed through the above link if this post ever comes up again. the installation was easy, I was able to get Netflix. However, the only copy of Kodi that would work was Helix. Oh and in order for Helix to even boot up I needed to insert an SD card for storage. I can say most of the popular addons worked like covenant and Wolfpack but there was a bit of lag as I navigated through kodi. Also the wifi connected no problem through regular android settings. I'm still on the hunt for something a little more stable. I found that the TofuLinux version is great however for some reason the default screen is set to windowed and it constantly resets its self at start up. Which is a real pain, however it is 16.1 which is a bit better. Final goal is to achieve at least a fork build on these boxes. If not.....well than I'm SOL i guess lol. Anyway, hoping some more ideas come through always looking for different ways to work with these.

Comment

Working...
          X